Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTD (New Toys Day)  (Read 209 times)
Skip Ellis

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »

Since I got my, new to me, Larrivee L-05 the other day, I decided I needed to upgrade my recording stuff from the Samson USB mic to something a little better with more control but still keep on the cheap. I ended up ordering a pair of Behringer C-2 condenser mics and the Behringer UMC204HD USB interface. I know Behringer gets bad-mouthed a lot but all my experiences with the company's products have been very positive. I use a 1000 watt Behringer power amp in my PA using JBL cabs and it's been very reliable and sounds just great. Anyway, to the point: so far, with a few hours of messing with the stuff, downloading drivers, forgetting to turn on the phantom power (!!), etc., it seems that this setup will do exactly what I want it to do. I can output a .wav file backing track from BIAB to Audacity and record new acoustic guitar tracks over it, all the while monitoring what's going on through headphones and playing back through my existing Fostex powered monitor system and generating MP3 files to share. So far, so good.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 06:30:14 PM »

Since I got my, new to me, Larrivee L-05 the other day, I decided I needed to upgrade my recording stuff from the Samson USB mic to something a little better with more control but still keep on the cheap. I ended up ordering a pair of Behringer C-2 condenser mics and the Behringer UMC204HD USB interface. I know Behringer gets bad-mouthed a lot but all my experiences with the company's products have been very positive. I use a 1000 watt Behringer power amp in my PA using JBL cabs and it's been very reliable and sounds just great. Anyway, to the point: so far, with a few hours of messing with the stuff, downloading drivers, forgetting to turn on the phantom power (!!), etc., it seems that this setup will do exactly what I want it to do. I can output a .wav file backing track from BIAB to Audacity and record new acoustic guitar tracks over it, all the while monitoring what's going on through headphones and playing back through my existing Fostex powered monitor system and generating MP3 files to share. So far, so good.

I would suggest to have a look at the MXL mics too. For the money, you can't beat them. 
Skip Ellis

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:35:22 PM »

Yeah, been looking at them - seem to be a lot of bang for the bucks. The 770 seems real good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: