OM-10 Koa with Joker Headstock Inlay

Started by Giocondo, July 03, 2017, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi
I own a 1996 Larrivee OM-10 with Koa back and sides & Spruce top. It has the Joker Headstock inlay, soundhole, edge, fingerboard and bridge inlays. It is in showroom condition. Any idea of its' value? It has been played minimally in the past decade.

It is worth whatever someone will pay you?  This belongs in the for sale forum.

Quote from: Walkerman on July 03, 2017, 11:51:13 PM
It is worth whatever someone will pay you?  This belongs in the for sale forum.
Great insight but from the for sale rules....."•All items for sale must have a price.  No best offers, etc.  This is not the place for an auction."

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on July 04, 2017, 05:25:48 AM
Great insight but from the for sale rules....."•All items for sale must have a price.  No best offers, etc.  This is not the place for an auction."

Yeah, well I did not want to just say it did not belong here.

Quote from: Walkerman on July 04, 2017, 09:21:02 AM
Yeah, well I did not want to just say it did not belong here.
Where does it belong  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

:smile:

What's it worth?  Not been played much.  You tell me.  However, this is JMHO, it carries no official weight.

We all have numerous motivations for joining a guitar Forum. Personally I joined as was excited to hear that Larrivee resumed making electric guitars and I was hoping to pick one up at a bit of a discount - used. The members here treated me so well I decided to stick around and try to contribute in some positive way.

In this case I'm not sure why the OP is looking for value. It could be numerous reasons for example; to later sell, to insure, estate value or just plain curiosity. Regardless we can never go wrong by following Rule 1.

When I joined I quickly learned that though the new electrics had been on the market for more than 6 months they were somewhat uncommon. I'd have easily went on my merry way if it wasn't for the many members exemplifying Rule 1!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

A 1996 Larrivee OM-10 with Koa back and sides & Spruce top great condition $1800 give or take $200

Quote from: Giocondo on July 03, 2017, 08:34:13 PM
Hi
I own a 1996 Larrivee OM-10 with Koa back and sides & Spruce top. It has the Joker Headstock inlay, soundhole, edge, fingerboard and bridge inlays. It is in showroom condition. Any idea of its' value? It has been played minimally in the past decade.

Just my opinion, but if compared to a new one of equal specs, I'd say $2000+

It all depends on how long you are willing to wait for the right buyer to come along.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on July 04, 2017, 01:45:25 PM
Just my opinion, but if compared to a new one of equal specs, I'd say $2000+

It all depends on how long you are willing to wait for the right buyer to come along.

It also depends upon the flaming, or lack thereof, of the koa.  The appearance of the spruce and of course, the tone of the guitar.

:gotpics:
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :coffee
This thread needs some donuts!
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)