Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAPPY 4th  (Read 852 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »

Going to grill some pork rib's and slow cook a pork butt so the wife has lunch for what will be left of the week.Me I got three gig's starting Thursday,the the duo will be the openning act  for my partners 5 piece band,then Sunday an outdoor gig as the FOH guy for the band.My partner gets to work from 8:30 till 2:30 setting up for the 4th then off until 8:30 on the 4th for teardown.

I hope all have a good extended weekend for some.My wife who works as an AR for a TV station {Real news} will have to put up with protesters saying that the station is producing fake news.She won't let me drive her as she know's how I feel about.......

Anyway have FUN and be Safe.....

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:04:44 AM »

Yes, hope everyone has a happy and safe July 4th!

My daughter and granddaughter arrive from Japan on the 3rd, and all our other kids are joining us for the 4th, so it will be a blast (pun intended)!

Also the 4th is my dad's birthday, and my /1/2 birthday (Jan. 4th). We remember him every year - now gone almost 27 years...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 02:16:50 AM »

Yes, everyone have fun and be safe.

I may ride my cycle to the piney woods area of Texas. East of where I'm at by about three hours or so. But I hate the high pressure of riding my cycle thru busy traffic.

People today are so distracted when driving, they don't see me at all. So I'm constantly on edge trying to keep from getting run over. I may just take all the back roads, that are less traveled. Even if it takes an extra hour.

I really enjoy riding the BMW RT, it's made for touring. It's the drivers today that scare me to death.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »

My two oldest daughters and one granddaughter came in from Houston yesterday morning.  We have had a great visit and some fun on the lake.  My kids and grandkids are spread all over Texas so some of them we do not get to see quite as often, and they all lead very busy lives of their own these days...  Promises to be a very good 4th of July weekend here...

George
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »

broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »

Brexit  1776

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »

Hey Danny,

Have you got a picture to share with you astride that ride?

Yes, everyone have fun and be safe.

I may ride my cycle to the piney woods area of Texas. East of where I'm at by about three hours or so. But I hate the high pressure of riding my cycle thru busy traffic.

People today are so distracted when driving, they don't see me at all. So I'm constantly on edge trying to keep from getting run over. I may just take all the back roads, that are less traveled. Even if it takes an extra hour.

I really enjoy riding the BMW RT, it's made for touring. It's the drivers today that scare me to death.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 05:26:31 PM »

I do have some. A few are posted on Facebook, and a pic or two are in a thread here. I  think it's called, Got Motorcycles, or something like that.

I now wear protective clothing every time I ride. It's basically armored and padded pants and jacket. Plus a full face helmet, steel toe boots and gloves. If traffic is thin, and I'm on a long stretch, I'll use my 3/4 helmet.

I'll get a pic taken today and post it later.

Yippie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 12:32:17 AM »

Happy 4th to our big brother to the South. I hope everyone gets some time with the family.

Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin OM-16GT (Mahogany/Sitka)
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 02:51:29 AM »

I now wear protective clothing every time I ride. It's basically armored and padded pants and jacket. Plus a full face helmet, steel toe boots and gloves. If traffic is thin, and I'm on a long stretch, I'll use my 3/4 helmet.

Danny needed every stitch of protective gear when he left here after a recent visit.
We have 3 dogs trained to go after folks who smell like Austin. Only one dog was so however inclined.  bigrin
It is 200 feet to the front gate and I think Danny's foot pegs got chewed off.
The other two thought Danny was NOT weird (like Austin), which I thought was cool that they liked Danny.
The hostile dog is now in intensive training to be, uh, more particular, to go after, say, students or professional musicians from Austin.
Happy 4th of July!!
Mike
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 10:33:56 AM »

4 gigs over the long weekend. And in this heat and humidity I'll be taking it easy most of the rest of the time. But that's good. Nothing else I'd rather be doing.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 01:16:45 AM »

Mike I wish you the best in training your dog. He just seemed to be afraid and protective.

I rode  out to Lake Livingston with no traffic problems at all. Of course my head is on a swivel and I stay out of situations where there is no "out", as much as possible.
    Now we're sitting here waiting for fireworks  over the lake.
    Two teenage grand daughters, me and the little lady (Bonnie).

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 07:50:59 AM »

Well I rode a little over 400 miles round trip, (had a great time with the grandkids and Bonnie) fireworks etc. we're nice.

I rode  back to Austin last night, no problems all the way, until I  just got to Austin's city limits. It was about 1:30am , and all of a sudden here comes a vehicle head on towards me, in my lane. I moved over and blasted my loud dual horns at him as he went by.
     Nuff said, the idiots are out to get us. blush

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 08:20:15 PM »

A pleasant way to spend the evening that ended well

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:02 PM »

Glad you got to spend time with your granddaughters, Danny - nothing like it, is there?  Also glad you made it home safe.

We get into two vehicles tomorrow (because of baby car seats and all the baby paraphernalia!) to head to western Nebraska - my wife's 40 high school reunion this weekend. We will stay with her mom - it will be the first time her mom's 4 great-grandchildren have all been together, so we're looking forward to it! 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »

Well I rode a little over 400 miles round trip, (had a great time with the grandkids and Bonnie) fireworks etc. we're nice.

I rode  back to Austin last night, no problems all the way, until I  just got to Austin's city limits. It was about 1:30am , and all of a sudden here comes a vehicle head on towards me, in my lane. I moved over and blasted my loud dual horns at him as he went by.
     Nuff said, the idiots are out to get us. blush
Glad you're safe! Consider just riding in daylight please. When I was a kid I was riding late at night, dragged out by another fellow. Same thing happened to me but I was in a sharp curve in Kentucky. Leaning in and I had to get over to right and quick. There was gravel washed out in the road and started sliding, bouncing off my feet. Car got by but just the way it happened when I came out of gravel and it grabbed, it went down and I went flying. Lucky I didn't get killed. Pretty much landed on head. Thank God for high quality Bell racing helmet. I still had concussion but coulda been dead. Have to be prepared for people to do the stupidest, most careless thing imaginable. I had 2 people run into the back of me back then! All's well that ends well but be careful!

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: