Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancaster in the house!  (Read 522 times)
tulk1

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2017, 11:01:10 PM »

Well .......... I couldn't resist. There was a Lancaster on Reverb. I convinced the wife that I'd saved enough cash-out around the yard this spring that I deserved a new guitar. That has not actually worked before. No clue why it worked this time. But!! It did.

Here's some pics from Reverb. Sonic Blue, 2012, Matthew pickups --- not sure of the hardware. Let me tell you, this thing is pretty danged groovy. Every time I buy a "Strat" I start immediately figuring out what to change. For now, on the Lancaster I wouldn't change a thing. The pickups are really very very very good! Lots of guts and power behind them, yet just as sparkly as you could want from a single coil. How'd he do that? Well, I'm a Larrivee FanBoy and I'm happy to admit it. The Lancaster has joined the Bakersfield, the RS2, and the L-03E. Yay!!!

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:23:47 PM »

Guess you haven't heard, electrics are on the decline  rolleye

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:27:38 PM »

Congratulations!  I would tell you there are no better electric guitars than Larrivee's, but you already Know That!

nice guitar

George
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 03:24:44 PM »

Took it to our gig last night. Played it sets 1,2,4. Well ................  rolleye it was spectacular!! Even got compliments from the band on it. Not just as a new guitar (gee, that one is pretty), but on the tones. Multiple tones.

Grabbed the Bakersfield for set 3. I must say that I'm quite happy that they both sit within the same amp settings, pedals, etc. Sometimes changing guitars mid-gig, they don't always mesh with the set up. These two do! Maybe next gig I'll take the RS2 for the Tri-fecta!!

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:39:00 AM »

Very cool - I'm jealous - I've always wanted one of these!  drool

nice guitar

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
randmag