Photobucket no longer free.

Started by obe-wan, June 30, 2017, 12:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So all my pics now have "please upgrade to 500 plus for 3rd party image sharing" which is $39 a month (US $ probably) .. Looks like I won't be posting pics ever again...

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on June 30, 2017, 12:49:36 AM
So all my pics now have "please upgrade to 500 plus for 3rd party image sharing" which is $39 a month (US $ probably) .. Looks like I won't be posting pics ever again...
Scott you don't need photobucket to post a pic here
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Photobucket has become worthless in recent times. I've pretty much abandoned my account. Now they want you to pay for it. Maybe $39/year, but NOT $39/month - no way!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on June 30, 2017, 08:30:27 AM
Scott you don't need photobucket to post a pic here

Thanks mate, I'll have a look into that. As it stands though all my previous posts with pics now have that stupid upgrade icon on them, and I have 700 odd pics on photobucket that I can now no longer transfer to anything unless I pay for them. Photobuckets basically blackmailing their users, if you want your pics back you need to pay.  :mad:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

I stopped adding photos to Photobucket a couple years ago because they got stupid with their new interface.

Now they want me to pay for a free hosting site?  Um, no.  They can take their offer, fold it until it's all sharp corners, and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Anything I really want to link I will simply upload to Imgur instead.   Only reason I'm not deleting my account immediately is because they might figure out what a bad idea this is and change their mind.

Sounds like they are going the way of My Space.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Something like this happened with "WebShots"and I switched to photo bucket. I hope they don't cut their own throats here.
    Plus I've got a load of pix on the forum that were posted thru them. Good grief what a mess this digital age is.

My account still works.  When I opened it up it said "upgrade to ad-free for $10/month". Maybe you need to move to the US to get free photo hosting.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on July 02, 2017, 11:40:22 AM
My account still works.  When I opened it up it said "upgrade to ad-free for $10/month". Maybe you need to move to the US to get free photo hosting.
When I opened mine, it gave me a lot of trouble navigating and making a link to my pics.
  I just put some oversized pics up for unclrob, by my old way of resizing the photo in PAINT. And then posting them.

Quote from: Danny on July 01, 2017, 10:19:58 PM
Good grief what a mess this digital age is.

Seems to be the way the whole worlds going these days Danny. Slower, less efficient and more expensive.  :wacko:
Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Not even worth a flush.... :winkin:

(Hosted on Flickr by the way)

Steve ....aka the SMan