Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS-2 Repair question  (Read 215 times)
JGW

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:47:36 AM »

I love my larrivee RS-2, so very much!!!  Best guitar I have ever owned, I am never letting it go.  

The other day, as I was carrying it out, I set the case down on its edge (stupid, stupid, stupid).  The case immediately flopped down in its face.  It did not fall far, literally from its side to its face, but it fell with authority.  

Upon opening it up it looked fine, mostly, there is a new chink in the edge of the pickguard (not sure how that could even be related).  

It played fine . . until I tried to switch pickups.  It was so stiff and resistant.  It switches, but definitely was broken.  

I peaked in the back to see if anything looked obvious (first time I've ever looked there, its just about as beautiful inside as outside, I'm impressed), there is a broken tab on the three way switch selector.  Definitely needs repair.  

I know this is probably a simple repair, but I really love my Larrivee I want to make sure this gets fixed right.

My instinct is to take it to the local shop because it should be a simple repair, but is it worth talking to Larrivee and seeing if they have a recommended tech or something?  

I know I probably sound silly.  I just love this guitar.  

Also when the local tech tells me I need to replace the switch, I want to be able to tell him exactly what kind of three way blade selector it is (switchcraft?)  I don't want just any switch put in there (I Know, I am being stupid about it.)  

Thanks for the help/advice/commiseration.

(edit)  I forgot to mention that the jack also seems stiff now when pulling out a cord.  Its probably nothing and me being paranoid it just seems to sproing stiffly when I pull the cord out instead of its usual smooth yet firm click. 
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »

Bring it to your local tech and have the switch replaced,most shop's stock switch craft if they don't order one yourself and either bring it to them unless you own a soldering pen and could do it yourself.As for the jack its no big deal to be a little tight{better then being loose}Get some electronics cleaner and spray it out might just be a build up of gunk.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: