Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: good strings/cool tuner  (Read 399 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:37:19 PM »

Like others around here, I've been experimenting with Monel strings.

I've voiced my opinion about coated strings, (dislike), the Monels are a different breed indeed.

I do have a good deal of respect for the D'addario company, as their electric NYXL's are the best I've played, hands down.
These strings, I believe are a combination of Monel and bronze, and they're quite lovely.

Less of the immediate "brash" of new bronze, with a more "open/woody" sound than other strings, especially with rosewood, double so with Brazilian.

\I recently took advantage of this "deal" (don't really use a tuner -not good for your ears) but sometimes in noisy environments they come in handy, but the clip on ones are just too dorky for my liking..

Anyways, just passing along a double good idea for anyone who might be interested....

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/dadnsmicrosh.html

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 03:33:19 PM »

Like others around here, I've been experimenting with Monel strings.
So these "Monel" strings last longer? I don't like coated strings at all either. Tone and volume killers to me. I hadn't gotten near them since about 10 years ago. Thought I'd give them another try last week. Ripping those things off today. We went to play acoustically at a nursing home like we do once a month.  I bring my dread so I can be heard! Not! Inf act I ended up playing mandolin instead so the breaks could be heard.  As far as tuners, I tune with them, then use my ear to fine tune. Comparing fretted chords and notes around a few places. Usually end up "detuning" a couple strings down a wee bit. But point taken. Some young players don't even know how to self tune a guitar! And yes, need to keep ears in shape.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 03:53:41 PM »

I'm not afraid to say it, "I love coated strings!" At least on most guitars but I'll try some of those.     
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 04:14:52 PM »

I read some very positive reviews on them.
 this particular review made me pull the trigger, then I ordered 5 more sets after trying them...
 besides I will also have 5 tuners to give to close friends on special occasions....

http://www.guitarplayer.com/frets/1422/review-daddario-nickel-bronze-acoustic-strings/58674

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: