Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lexington Lab Band Podcast - Dale/Guitar  (Read 262 times)
maplebaby

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:09:44 PM »

Our first in a series of podcasts of people in the LLB family - thanks for listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWWldfPPIEU&lc=z13hgtmb2szadzsvn23uzrmbpo2nsrono
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »

Geez Dale, this is a phenomenal approach to allowing fans to get to know you guys!  Absolutely the kind of thing we want to know about.  I also have to applaud you for your more recent videos of your guitars and equipment, there has been real interest in those as well.  I follow your website and your FB page and one of the things I would like to see is the band member's names along with the photos you have posted.  They are a great bunch of professional musicians.  Please keep the videos coming.  Coincidentally I purchased my Hamer USA Talladega from Willcutt...  P.S.  Would Love to see some LiveStream performances of LLB!  your friend, George

George
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:16:44 AM »

hello George...greatly appreciate you taking some time to give this a listen!  Great idea about putting the names on the photos - i'll share with Mike!

Congrats on the new Hamer!  I'm sure it's killer - such great guitars...Willcutt a great shop with an inventory that's amazing.

thanks for your great post,
dale
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »

Coincidentally I purchased my Hamer USA Talladega from Willcutt...  
I bought my 80' L-10 Larrivee new. At the time they were VERY rare, especially in the U.S. For the first 5 or 6 years, at least, I only saw a couple others. One was at Wilcutt's. They had a presentation model, completely decked out with inlay and all, that  they kept under glass by the register. I recall it not even being for sale. Just for display. I guess they sold it eventually or took it home. The other one I came across in the early 80's was in Lexington too. Some other misfit longhair like me had the audacity to take a classical looking steel string to the bluegrass festival. Found him strolling around about 3:00 a.m. and then he disappeared. His was an L-09 or 19. At that time L's was pretty much all they made, along with a few classicals. I bought my 000-60 at Wilcutts. If you're ever there be sure to go upstairs.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:18:19 AM »

thanks for the post!  true words spoken from someone who's been to Willcutts - 'If you're ever there be sure to go upstairs.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: