Lexington Lab Band Podcast - Dale/Guitar

Started by maplebaby, June 23, 2017, 07:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geez Dale, this is a phenomenal approach to allowing fans to get to know you guys!  Absolutely the kind of thing we want to know about.  I also have to applaud you for your more recent videos of your guitars and equipment, there has been real interest in those as well.  I follow your website and your FB page and one of the things I would like to see is the band member's names along with the photos you have posted.  They are a great bunch of professional musicians.  Please keep the videos coming.  Coincidentally I purchased my Hamer USA Talladega from Willcutt...  P.S.  Would Love to see some LiveStream performances of LLB!  your friend, George
George

hello George...greatly appreciate you taking some time to give this a listen!  Great idea about putting the names on the photos - i'll share with Mike!

Congrats on the new Hamer!  I'm sure it's killer - such great guitars...Willcutt a great shop with an inventory that's amazing.

thanks for your great post,
dale

Quote from: George on June 23, 2017, 09:34:40 AM
 Coincidentally I purchased my Hamer USA Talladega from Willcutt...  
I bought my 80' L-10 Larrivee new. At the time they were VERY rare, especially in the U.S. For the first 5 or 6 years, at least, I only saw a couple others. One was at Wilcutt's. They had a presentation model, completely decked out with inlay and all, that  they kept under glass by the register. I recall it not even being for sale. Just for display. I guess they sold it eventually or took it home. The other one I came across in the early 80's was in Lexington too. Some other misfit longhair like me had the audacity to take a classical looking steel string to the bluegrass festival. Found him strolling around about 3:00 a.m. and then he disappeared. His was an L-09 or 19. At that time L's was pretty much all they made, along with a few classicals. I bought my 000-60 at Wilcutts. If you're ever there be sure to go upstairs.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

thanks for the post!  true words spoken from someone who's been to Willcutts - 'If you're ever there be sure to go upstairs.'