Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Born To Be Wild  (Read 321 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:45:22 AM »

Born To Be Wild.  We Rock out as well. I got the idea to do this on resonator after seeing John Kay picking up a guitar and playing a long slide break on this song at a live show. Sorry, Larrivee doesn't make resos! This is my Smith & Young Spider bridge round neck. It's a basically a National. Built in the same shop, by the same people. The just wanted to differentiate between the biscuit bridge Nationals and Spider bridge which was original and tradition Dobro design. I love it! Bridge and hand spun cone by Paul Beard and set up by him.  We do both blues/boogie and folk/country rock stuff on it.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqg3boSpEOA

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
markj

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:00 PM »

Sounds great! 
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:18:10 AM »

Born To Be Wild.  We Rock out as well.

You two make me want to fall over and die.
I need a resonator now.
Mike
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 12:46:29 AM »

Another Great One!  Who knew that song would sound so good with just two guitars.  The reso certainly makes it, but the blend of the six string is right on top.  Is that a slope dread?

George
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 02:42:33 AM »

Danny likes it   that resonator is a good match for your playing.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:51:21 AM »

I just kept listening to the music on your you tube selections. Very good stuff from you and the lady.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 11:11:11 AM »

Thanks everyone. Have to get caught up.
Thanks, Mark.
Mike. Yes reso is great. I quit playing electric decades ago but the reso has that punch, sustain on acoustic.
If you go shopping hopefully you are in a city where you can check them out in person. If you're sure you are going to jump into it, get the best you can afford. I bought a popular cheaper model to "check it out" with and it was a waste because I very shortly wanted a good one and this one is WAY above the cheaper models in tone. The spider bridge "dobro type" I find best for me as country flavored stuff sounds great but good for blues too.

George. Angie plays a Guild D-50. She bought it on my recommendation not long after we first started playing together. It was one of those
1 out of 50 guitars of the same model that just "has it". It's loud, great jingly, jangly sound but with strong bass (for rhythm) It plays easy as pie. Looks good. Only 900.00 with electronics (then). But others of that same model while sounding good, don't sound like her's. Yea rocking with just the 2 guitars is one thing we can do pretty good, especially live at shows.

Thanks Danny. We enjoy mixing it up from folk to blues boogie, to Fleetwood Mac, Janis, whatever. I always got bored doing the same stuff.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Scrambler17

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 11:21:44 AM »

Very Nice 

L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: