New Malibu

Started by Walkerman, June 17, 2017, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks for the look Steve. If I ever get an electric, it will be one of those, with the 1 3/4" nut of course. Or a strat  and cut the horns off 
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Congrats Steve.  Did you get yours with the narrow or wide nut width?  Mine is narrow and has white pu rings...
George

Steve very nice,George I kinda like the white.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Love 'em both - but I like the black pup rings - they just look more RnR!

Hey Walkerman, did you see a lefty Malibu laying around the Larrivee shop?   :drool:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 17, 2017, 05:08:27 PM
Love 'em both - but I like the black pup rings - they just look more RnR!

Hey Walkerman, did you see a lefty Malibu laying around the Larrivee shop?   :drool:

It came with white ... had them switched to black.  Had to match my Santa Monica.

Very nice!

I'm torn between the black and white. I like both for various reasons I guess.

I would take either one. ;)
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Here's my Bakersfield from 2012 other than the PUPS whats the difference between Malibu and Bakersfield  :?

Does the fingerboard make it a Malibu  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on June 17, 2017, 06:40:59 PM
Here's my Bakersfield from 2012 other than the PUPS whats the difference between Malibu and Bakersfield  :?

Does the fingerboard make it a Malibu  :?

Well, the Malibu doesn't have a standard Tele bridge - rather, it has a stoptail and tailpiece... along with different pickups, this change may affect tone.

I doubt there's any difference in the necks/fingerboards on these - Bakersfields came with either maple or rosewood boards...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Also the Malibu specifications indicate a 1 11/16" nut width and the Bakersfield spec is/was for a 1 3/4" nut...
George

Again a really nice guitar, Walkerman. Congrats
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Olav Loef 00 'Dav L'. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder 'Charlien' 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string 'Otto' 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2015

You have a Santa Monica? And now a Bakersfield? I'm 50% jealous (I have a Bakersfield).  :angry:
I'd ........ to get a Santa Monica. BTW, don't run over your new Bakersfield like I hear someone did  :whistling:
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Quote from: tulk1 on June 19, 2017, 06:41:11 PM

BTW, don't run over your new Bakersfield like I hear someone did  :whistling:
:roll I remember that story!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on June 19, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
:roll I remember that story!
Yeah, not quite my proudest moment.:-) Heres hoping Wakeman really doesn't follow in kind.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."