Happy Father's Day to the wonderful men on this forum

Started by ryler, June 18, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Father's Day to all the men who are fathers, father-figures or just exemplary men to others in their lives.  To all the good guys,  :cheers.  I hope you were honored today for all that you are.

It ain't easy being a man
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Thanks.For fathers day or as my son calla it pop's day my lovely and much better half made me jerk chicken.She's never made it before and it was really yummy,she also made me banana pudding  :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You're welcome, and I bet it isn't easy being a man!  

My mom was the one who molded us, talked us through everything, gave a ton of specifics on how to live life.  She was the motor of our home.  But it was my dad who taught us how to be gentle and affectionate.  He taught us how to love in a very accepting way.  A huge part of me was formed by my dad's presence.  

The possum lodge pledge:
I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I'm a day late and a dollar short but thanks Ryler.  My wife's up in Canada taking care of her dad so I had to drink alone on my day. Since my birthday falls in the same week, I only get one call from my kids. Sniff.   :cheers

Hi Ryler , sorry for my rudeness. I did not have a good father's day for working under duress. Thanks for your kind well wishes
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on June 19, 2017, 01:21:33 AM
The possum lodge pledge:
I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Funny.  I like that.

Quote from: broKen on June 19, 2017, 12:54:51 PM
Hi Ryler , sorry for my rudeness. I did not have a good father's day for working under duress. Thanks for your kind well wishes

I didn't consider your comment rude at all.  When Father's Day turns into labor day, and not in the holiday sense, then you got the short end of the stick.  Wishing you some relaxation.

Thanks Ryler. I'm still pretty new to this father business. My boy turns five this coming Thursday. I turned 49 a couple weeks ago. Though it is trying, given how spectacularly I seem to fail at times, it's still the best gig I have ever had!

Quote from: ryler on June 18, 2017, 07:58:28 PM
You're welcome, and I bet it isn't easy being a man!  

My mom was the one who molded us, talked us through everything, gave a ton of specifics on how to live life.  She was the motor of our home.  But it was my dad who taught us how to be gentle and affectionate.  He taught us how to love in a very accepting way.  A huge part of me was formed by my dad's presence.  

Daddy's and their daughters often form very special relationships, I know I did with mine.  I have four girls, one boy, six granddaughters and five grandsons.  I take time out for them all whenever I can.  I am Blessed!
George

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 19, 2017, 06:52:42 AM
I'm a day late and a dollar short but thanks Ryler.  My wife's up in Canada taking care of her dad so I had to drink alone on my day. Since my birthday falls in the same week, I only get one call from my kids. Sniff.   :cheers
I wasn't going to Post on this, but since it's still going.

Father's day for me can be, and usually is a downer. I have five kids and a bushel full of grand kids. But it's rare to get more than one or two cards. Or even a text. My wife left a year and a half ago, but she knows this, so she called and tried to encourage me. It did help.

I talked to one daughter and one grandson, plus a very nice text from my youngest son. Not a peep from the others. I always remember their birthdays and send cards and a gift.

It's just something hard for me to understand. But life goes on.

Ryler, thank you for the kind thoughts   :thumb

Danny, I'm sorry Father's Day is a bit of a downer for you.  Hope next year is better.   I had good news on Father's Day this year.  My youngest daughter and her husband along with 2 of my 3 grandkids told us they've sold their house that is 40 miles from us and bought a home  1.5 miles from our drive-way..    4 minutes by car... I timed it.   They move at the end of the month and we are overjoyed to have Frankie and Caroline so close-by.  My other daughter and her family still live about 30 miles away but it's still better than most people I know. 

Quote from: tuffythepug on June 25, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

My other daughter and her family still live about 30 miles away but it's still better than most people I know. 

Indeed, Lynn. Our youngest daughter (and her husband and our second grandchild, a six month old boy) live closest - around 90 miles/minutes away. But we're thankful for that - our other daughter, SIL and granddaughter live in Japan - it's around 20 hours from "one driveway to the other"! Our two sons live in Omaha around 4 hours away, but we'll see them for 4th of July, and our daughter and granddaughter in Japan are coming to spend the month of July with us - we're overjoyed.

Danny - also sorry to hear that about your kids. But you're their dad, so don't be afraid to keep initiating a relationship. Fathers are so important; your kids will want to know for the rest of their lives (even after you are long gone), "What would dad think? Would he be proud of me?" So hang in there! Live into being their hero and it will happen. It might be tougher because of the separation from your wife, but it can still happen.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I am blessed .... my sons almost always call, and my son who lives in town makes time to get together.  They are better than I was.

A belated thanks ryler although kids never happened for us.  I am Uncle Steve to many (related and not).
Steve ....aka the SMan