Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Options Package  (Read 1188 times)
markj

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2017, 05:57:12 PM »

Hatfield Guitar has one coming into the store. Bill ordered an L03R with the 50th Anniversary Options Package.

Has anyone seen any photos of any guitar with this option package on it? Either Bill is being "stealthy" about it, or he really has not seen any photos of it.

I was thinking about ordering a LV-03R 12 string as a companion to the LV-10 50th. I was told that the L03R has shipped or is shipping soon, so we will get to see it soon, I hope.

I need some serious guitar antacid.  My wife asked me on Tuesday, "You're not going to buy yet another guitar this year, are you?"   
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:03:15 PM »

I too would like to see this options package Mark.  Now that I have retired and moved back home, I don't think my wife would notice just one more...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »

My wife asked me on Tuesday, "You're not going to buy yet another guitar this year, are you?"   

She asked you... or was that a rhetorical question, TELLING you, "You're not going to buy yet another guitar this year, ARE YOU." (Note the PERIOD at the end of the sentence...)

whistling

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
markj

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »

She asked you... or was that a rhetorical question, TELLING you, "You're not going to buy yet another guitar this year, ARE YOU." (Note the PERIOD at the end of the sentence...)

whistling

Hmmm, good question! I tend to hear what I want to hear. lol  I told her, "I won't "buy" another guitar, but I am thinking about trading the L-03 and the Cordoba C9 in on a 12 string." She just shook her head.
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 01:06:02 AM »

I'm very curious to see what the options package looks like so please do keep us updated!  bigrin

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »

I'm very curious to see what the options package looks like so please do keep us updated!  bigrin

Those additions are expressed on the website. Some fretboard inlay and bridge. Different rosette as well, but the "50th" lady on the head is not offered.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »

Those additions are expressed on the website. Some fretboard inlay and bridge. Different rosette as well, but the "50th" lady on the head is not offered.
Thanks, I did see that when it was announced but I'm curious what they'll look like when they come together.

D-02-12
markj

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »

I was informed today that, due to lack of interest, the 50th Anniversary Options package, is not being produced.  crying
edbruton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 09:10:16 PM »

Guess it went like my '50th aniv. t-shirt; shrunk with the first washing!  crying
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »

I was informed today that, due to lack of interest, the 50th Anniversary Options package, is not being produced.  crying

Times are hard. We're not out of this slump yet.

I've wondered if Walkerman knows if Larrivee has its employees on a "short week" schedule (like 3 days instead of 5). I've heard Taylor and Martin are currently doing this until things pick back up. Of course they've both expanded so huge, while Larrivee moved all its operations under one roof...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »

After they failed to promote it, or even show us working examples, I simply can't imagine why there was a "lack of interest"...  rolleye

D-02-12
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 10:03:23 PM »

+1
After they failed to promote it, or even show us working examples, I simply can't imagine why there was a "lack of interest"...  rolleye

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 02:42:21 AM »

Yes, definitely some painful truth to this...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
markj

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 02:45:49 AM »

Agreed. I was waiting to see it. I was actually considering ordering either a 12 string or a 12 fret model. I even dreamed of getting a Classical done with the options package.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 08:33:22 AM »

Agreed. I was waiting to see it. I was actually considering ordering either a 12 string or a 12 fret model. I even dreamed of getting a Classical done with the options package.

mark, I bet you could custom order one still, if you were serious.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »

When you think about it, "Anniversary" issues of any product don't create that much interest be it a car or musical instrument.  Sure, there will be fans and collectors that will pay a premium to have one that is designated as special in some way.  Yet most people will understand that these special issues are not necessarily superior in anything but esthetics and mojo and they see paying a premium for that alone is not advantageous.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »

When you think about it, "Anniversary" issues of any product don't create that much interest be it a car or musical instrument.  Sure, there will be fans and collectors that will pay a premium to have one that is designated as special in some way.  Yet most people will understand that these special issues are not necessarily superior in anything but esthetics and mojo and they see paying a premium for that alone is not advantageous.

A perfect example of this is the 2,000,000 Martin model - which retails for a whole lot more than a Larrivee 50th model - only $149K MSRP (but they DO throw in a watch with it)!

How many of those do you think Martin is selling?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
markj

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »

About a month ago, I heard Martin had sold 7 of them at NAMM. Considering the discount if $30k off MSRP that one online retailer was offering, Martin will probably see about $700k in revenue for 7 guitars. That's insane any way you measure it. I realize there is an incredible amount of labor involved in creating that monstrosity model, but still. $100k per guitar dealer price?   If they sell all 50 of them, well, that's a cool 5 million.

I recently saw a special edition Martin that lists for $49k. It was not as nice looking as the Larrivee 50th and lists for 10x what you can buy the Larrivee for. Does it sound 10x better?  Does the 50th Anniversary model sound 1.5X "better" than a standard or even custom LV-10? "Better" is subjective of course. Does it sound "different" than a standard LV-10. I believe it does just based on the top. The fact that Jean voiced the top himself, speaks to me. Just mojo? or real and noticeable difference? Matt did the alpine spruce bracing and designed an incredibly original, crazy complex, yet tasteful,  fret board inlay. His artistic sensibilities didn't fall far from the tree. Wendy's headstock inlay artwork is really, something I can just sit and stare at imagining the work and dedication and love, that went into it. I realize that all of the artwork on my guitar does not contribute to, or detract from, the tone in any way shape or form.  But my GOD! This thing is gorgeous!   

Now that we see the Larrivee 50th Anniversary model being offered for less than $5k, You could buy all 50 of the 50th anniversary models for <$250k.  Well, you can't buy mine, so 49 ;) Even less than that if you get "tier 1" dealer pricing. Which I am sure if you ordered 50 guitars you would get some sweet pricing.

I need to be done purchasing guitars for a while.  If I hit the lottery though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: