Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Monica vs Lancaster?  (Read 484 times)
tulk1

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2017, 07:27:18 PM »

What's the major (or minor) differences between the two? I know the Lancaster uses the old 80s style superstrat body. The SM a more "traditional" body. Is one bigger than the other? Dif pups? Things like that.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Bard

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:34 AM »

Other than body style, the main difference would be that the Lancaster has one volume and one tone knob. The Santa Monica has one volume and two tone knobs like a traditional strat. I'm not sure if they changed the neck for the Santa Monica. The Lancaster uses the same broadcaster neck found on the Bakersfields.
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:05:50 AM »

Other than body style, the main difference would be that the Lancaster has one volume and one tone knob. The Santa Monica has one volume and two tone knobs like a traditional strat. I'm not sure if they changed the neck for the Santa Monica. The Lancaster uses the same broadcaster neck found on the Bakersfields.
I like that idea. I'm quite familiar with the Bakersfield neck. 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: