O-01 & P-01, any difference?

Started by Teek, June 15, 2017, 04:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any difference between the two models? It seems to me the O is just the older version of the P for parlor..?

I understand size delineation taken from Martin 5, 2, 1, 0, 00, 000, plus other guitar sizes of OM (Tacoma's OM size "parlor" and 15" mini jumbos are a fave) and GS etc. I just haven't been able to nail this down with search.
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut
Circa 2000 O-01
And a bunch of Tacomas

I believe that the O-01 designation was one Larrivee retroactively applied to the 1st run parlors (like mine) with the narrow 1 11/16" nut.

Quote from: AZLiberty on June 15, 2017, 09:24:04 PM
I believe that the O-01 designation was one Larrivee retroactively applied to the 1st run parlors (like mine) with the narrow 1 11/16" nut.

Mine is 1 3/4" nut, and according to Larrivee, it is an O-01.

When I bought it, there was no mention of a "model" designation...  it was just a Larrivee Parlor (note the lack of a u in the spelling...  it isn't, and never was a "parlour").

Ed

Quote from: Teek on June 15, 2017, 04:15:47 PM
Any difference between the two models? It seems to me the O is just the older version of the P for parlor..?

I understand size delineation taken from Martin 5, 2, 1, 0, 00, 000, plus other guitar sizes of OM (Tacoma's OM size "parlor" and 15" mini jumbos are a fave) and GS etc. I just haven't been able to nail this down with search.
:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut

The 0 started out as the Parlor many years ago. Today the 0 is represented in the Traditional lines > 40, 50, 60 Series. The Parlor "P" is found in our contemporary lines 03, 04, 05, 09, 10 etc. They are the same body style dimensions however, details/specs change.

john jr

Thanks for the replies everyone, and especially John Jr for taking the time. Mine is 1 3/4 at the nut, it's a little dreamboat. I have another beater O-01 on the way, hoping it's also in good playing condition despite being a dent and scratch. They have a draw for me, like puppies...  :bgrin:
:donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut2 :donut :donut
Circa 2000 O-01
And a bunch of Tacomas

Quote from: eded on June 15, 2017, 10:28:31 PM
Mine is 1 3/4" nut, and according to Larrivee, it is an O-01.

When I bought it, there was no mention of a "model" designation...  it was just a Larrivee Parlor (note the lack of a u in the spelling...  it isn't, and never was a "parlour").

Yeah, I'm still kind of annoyed at Matt for not letting us know he was changing the spec to 1 3/4".   I'd have waited to get mine instead of getting one of the first ones made.  1 11/16 is rather cramped on the short scale.

That's why I never got a Guild small body short scale like an LG-O.
Circa 2000 O-01
And a bunch of Tacomas