'79 Larrivee, Part II

Started by Mikeymac, June 15, 2017, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on June 20, 2017, 02:38:42 PM

Sorry I keep bothering him with calls.

No bother! I'm just sorry that when you got the guitar, there were things left out of the case, and some of the work the other guy did (evidently?) wasn't documented...

Thanks for continuing to move it forward!   :thumbsup
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

good to know a neck set wasn't needed, I did have my doubts on that one....... :cheers
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on June 20, 2017, 10:32:08 PM
good to know a neck set wasn't needed, I did have my doubts on that one....... :cheers

:+1:

Finale update:New bone nut installed and all is done,really nice guitar I wish I could play better lefty but alas just a poor righty slob.I'll be shipping it back Friday so all that is left is the revue by Mike.Wish me luck.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on June 21, 2017, 06:15:48 PM
so all that is left is the revue by Mike.Wish me luck.
Good luck Uncle -  :winkin:  Enjoyed the thread
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on June 21, 2017, 06:15:48 PM
Finale update:New bone nut installed and all is done,really nice guitar I wish I could play better lefty but alas just a poor righty slob.I'll be shipping it back Friday so all that is left is the revue by Mike.Wish me luck.

You can't imagine how excited I am to get this guitar back, Rob! After waiting several months - as long as it takes some builders to build one from scratch, and you turned it around in less than a week. A big thank you!

Hoping it sounds as good as some of the ones I've heard demo'd online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSzUplv4Yk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQdpoAWH18g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXG8x6n7JHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AeP5pwupk

:thumb

I was taught that when a job come's in get it done.Don't take in more work if your backed up more then a week,its not fair to the player.I remember working in a shop in NY with 5 tech's what keeped us in the weeds was kissin butt of the more famous players got there stuff put to the front of the line pushing other stuff back.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on June 22, 2017, 10:20:39 AM

I was taught that when a job come's in get it done. Don't take in more work if your backed up more then a week, its not fair to the player.

I remember working in a shop in NY with 5 tech's what keeped us in the weeds was kissin butt of the more famous players got there stuff put to the front of the line pushing other stuff back.

:mad:  Yeah, not really fair to the average Joe, who also pays good money for the service, but I'm betting this happens all the time...    :angry:

I would totally expect that players that spend tens of thousands of dollars in these establishments would get served before me who maybe spent a couple thousand. I'd be neither surprised nor offended. That's sort of how the world works. Which customer would you most hate to lose?   

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 22, 2017, 08:11:59 PM
I would totally expect that players that spend tens of thousands of dollars in these establishments would get served before me who maybe spent a couple thousand. I'd be neither surprised nor offended. That's sort of how the world works. Which customer would you most hate to lose?   

That's why it's no big surprise.  :+1:

Thats the problem all clients should be treated the same as word of month is a b*tch,that shop lasted about a year after I left kissing the famous *ss doesn't get you more then a bad photo on a wall.

I sold vintage guitars for years and the one thing that drove me insane{like I needed anymore reason's} was when someone would say to me "do you know who I am" my general responce was I don't care and if you remind me again I'll hang up{which I did and they always called back most humbled so more rude.Most learn quike some not at all but then again I'm a very very proud a**hole.

Rule of life treat as treated no matter who you think you are.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Wow what a nice project and how cool that it ended up with the uncle.   :guitar
"Larrivee-braced" Larrivees are the perfect choice for converting conventional to left handed.
Well done Rob, I bet it will be stellar!!!
:beer

Now to convert the lid opening configuration of the case for the left handed guitar....   :humour:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on June 22, 2017, 09:43:51 PM
Thats the problem all clients should be treated the same as word of month is a b*tch,that shop lasted about a year after I left kissing the famous *ss doesn't get you more then a bad photo on a wall.

I sold vintage guitars for years and the one thing that drove me insane{like I needed anymore reason's} was when someone would say to me "do you know who I am" my general responce was I don't care and if you remind me again I'll hang up{which I did and they always called back most humbled so more rude.Most learn quike some not at all but then again I'm a very very proud a**hole.

Rule of life treat as treated no matter who you think you are.

You are to be commended for you equanimity if not your business acumen.   :wink:

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 23, 2017, 05:52:28 AM

You are to be commended for you equanimity if not your business acumen.   :wink:

I must say, Tom, you're being quite magnanimous for being up so early in the morning!   :yawn

P.S. Rob has shipped the guitar - hopefully I'll see it by around next Wednesday (haven't been able to confirm through the tracking number yet).

Guitar should arrive tomorrow... no, I'm not at all excited! Looking forward to seeing what Rob has done with this little gem!

We did have a weird shipping snafu - the UPS tracking number they gave him doesn't work. Anyone else had this problem? He called their 800 number and they were able to tell him on the phone that the guitar is on its way with a delivery date of Wednesday, but the number doesn't work on their website (and it has an extra letter in it - they say that UPS tracking numbers should be "1z9999999999999999." The number they gave Rob was "1z999x9999999999999."  Even when I took the "x" out of the number, it didn't work... as I said, weird.

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 27, 2017, 01:52:52 PM
Guitar should arrive tomorrow... no, I'm not at all excited! Looking forward to seeing what Rob has done with this little gem!

We did have a weird shipping snafu - the UPS tracking number they gave him doesn't work. Anyone else had this problem? He called their 800 number and they were able to tell him on the phone that the guitar is on its way with a delivery date of Wednesday, but the number doesn't work on their website (and it has an extra letter in it - they say that UPS tracking numbers should be "1z9999999999999999." The number they gave Rob was "1z999x9999999999999."  Even when I took the "x" out of the number, it didn't work... as I said, weird.

I used to have nothing but trouble with UPS tracking numbers when I was in Canada. If a delivery was attempted and no one was home, they'd leave a little yellow ticket with a hand written tracking number. Unfortunately, the driver's hand writing was indecipherable and, of course, it's very difficult to get a human being when you phone UPS. If you can't read the tracking number you're kind of screwed. Can't wait to hear your review of the guitar.   

To make things worse, UPS started reusing the same tracking numbers a couple of years back.  Sometimes I look at a tracking number that was delivered over a year ago and to someone else...
George

Quote from: George on June 27, 2017, 06:16:43 PM
To make things worse, UPS started reusing the same tracking numbers a couple of years back.  Sometimes I look at a tracking number that was delivered over a year ago and to someone else...

Weird, even scary stuff!

24 hours from now this should all be resolved!  :arrow

AAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

Waiting is the hardest part.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob