Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Yellow Moon  (Read 345 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:35:25 AM »

Big Yellow Moon  another original in a kind of old jazzy blues style. If you want to know what an old Larrivee sounds like, here's your chance. 1980 L-10 that I bought new when I was 22...a long time ago!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2sZdg0_O_s

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »

Loved it!  My favorite style of music.  P. S.  You have a great voice without any effects added...

George
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »

Loved it!  My favorite style of music.  P. S.  You have a great voice without any effects added...
George,to be sure....I have a little reverb going on with the 2 mics in front of me. So when you say "without any effects added" you were assuming there where none at all (I think) or were you saying what was on there wasn't needed? I'm just curious. I normally just add what I think is a wee bit weather playing live or recording. Enough to rounds out my vocal a little without being very noticeable. Keeping it real.  So I'm curious if you noticed the reverb on vocals or not so I know how it sounds to others. Kinda the same with guitar. It is plugged in, besides being picked up by the mics. The plugged in chan has a little chorus on it. Goal is to sound pretty darn natural or at least certainly NOT unnatural. So you were saying you thought is was pure natural? Or could you notice what I think is just a touch of effects? Thanks. As far as that style, yes I love that kind of stuff. Just another style I touch on without mastering any of them!   

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »

For any old timers (there seems to be a few of us here) who are familiar with cassette multitracks you'll appreciate this. I wrote this song a long time ago, in the 90's. It was one of many I wrote that kindly got forgotten. However I am pretty good at recording songs as I write them in some fashion. This song popped up in my memory and I went on a mission to find it because I couldn't remember most of the words or even some of the changes.  I spent a long time looking and the only thing I could find was the master 8 track cassette for which I don't have the machine anymore. Motor wore out. So I put it on 4 track cassette machine but the vocal track didn't show up unless I flipped the tape over, in which case it played backwards!  So I had to record the backwards version, then record that back to the 4 track, then flip THAT tape over to get vocals going right direction. After all that it was still like trying to dig words out of some old 20's blues recording but I got them and rescued song. Quite the ordeal and as Paul Harvey used to say.. "now you know the rest of the story".

George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:31:02 PM »

George,to be sure....I have a little reverb going on with the 2 mics in front of me. So when you say "without any effects added" you were assuming there where none at all (I think) or were you saying what was on there wasn't needed? I'm just curious. I normally just add what I think is a wee bit weather playing live or recording. Enough to rounds out my vocal a little without being very noticeable. Keeping it real.  So I'm curious if you noticed the reverb on vocals or not so I know how it sounds to others. Kinda the same with guitar. It is plugged in, besides being picked up by the mics. The plugged in chan has a little chorus on it. Goal is to sound pretty darn natural or at least certainly NOT unnatural. So you were saying you thought is was pure natural? Or could you notice what I think is just a touch of effects? Thanks. As far as that style, yes I love that kind of stuff. Just another style I touch on without mastering any of them!   

The reverb was so slight I could not tell it was there.  I do the same thing though, but more often than not I add too much...

George
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:39:11 AM »

The reverb was so slight I could not tell it was there.  I do the same thing though, but more often than not I add too much...
OK, cool. That's what I usually go for. Thanks for reply!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: