Ran into a C-10 today

Started by eded, May 31, 2017, 08:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm not posting this as an ad, though if you are in Maryland (or close) and you're looking for one, I think it's worth taking a look.  I have no idea of the potential value, but this store (and the chain) has always seemed pretty fair, to me.

I had never tried a C-xx, much less a C-10.  Quite the guitar...

http://www.musicgoroundcockeysville.com/p/699831/used-larrivee-c-10e-florentine-cutaway-acoustic-guitar-natural

Ed

It is a nice guitar, but I doubt they can get that for it. I'm guessing it would sell for around $1,500 (or a little less).

Too bad - it looks like a nice one - and I like those older fretboard inlays.

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 01, 2017, 03:19:08 PM
It is a nice guitar, but I doubt they can get that for it. I'm guessing it would sell for around $1,500 (or a little less).

Too bad - it looks like a nice one - and I like those older fretboard inlays.

:nice guitar:

Yeah, I don't really pay attention to prices (esp. with large body guitars that are not on my radar), but I thought it was a bit high.

Ed

Considering that the price of a new C-10 is just shy of 5K,it's priced pretty fairly IMO. The problem is the used market is terrible right now,and guitars are sitting unsold for a long time. Mine is more ornate than the one listed,and in a strong market I'd be hard pressed to let it go for that.
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.