My Acoustic Guitars

Started by maplebaby, May 31, 2017, 09:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This video is a quick look at my acoustic guitars - hope you'll enjoy something and would love to hear about your acoustic guitar(s)!

https://youtu.be/aKV9qTi-wgY

Very interesting Dale, thanks for sharing them as well as your great playing ability  Your Renshaw's are incredible.  In contrast, I have smaller hands and prefer the narrow nut widths for comfortable playing.  I am only 5'9" but I also love dreads and jumbos...  I have noticed that you play your maple Les Paul on a lot of the LLB tunes...
George

sure appreciate you checking this out!  I think you bring up a great point - the neck is our primary contact with our guitars and getting the fit and feel we like is so important.

I love the LP for several reasons and have used it a good bit - thanks for checking out those vids!

Quote from: maplebaby on May 31, 2017, 03:06:44 PM
sure appreciate you checking this out!  I think you bring up a great point - the neck is our primary contact with our guitars and getting the fit and feel we like is so important.

I love the LP for several reasons and have used it a good bit - thanks for checking out those vids!

What!??? No Larrivee?   :bgrin:
Thanks Dale, you have good taste. And like you, I shy away from large guitars.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

i need to fix that don't i!  What's your fave smaller bodied Larrivee?  Sincere thanks for checking this out sir...your friend, dale.

^mahogany top 00, 12th fret join, standard scale, 1 3/4 nut

mine's just an -03 but it sure is easy on the eye
a pleasure to listen to
and a joy to play
:)

Two guitars here, both acoustic...

Seagull S6 - my first, still used, but rarely
Larrivee OM-40 - teaburst finish on all mahogany.... a pleasure to look at, even better to listen to!

Comparing body size - the Seagull is just so much bigger. Love the smaller OM size.
:wave :donut :donut2 :coffee
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Quote from: maplebaby on June 02, 2017, 06:38:47 AM
i need to fix that don't i!  What's your fave smaller bodied Larrivee?  Sincere thanks for checking this out sir...your friend, dale.

My oo is 14" across the lower bout, short scale, 12 fret, rosewood/sitka with 1 3/4 nut. Easy and fun playing and sounds great. 4 1/4" deep. I'd like to have a Collings someday,,,they sound wonderful.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

sounds like a great guitar!  Love those specs - i'll be checking these out i think we have a dealer in the Lexington area.

You have really good guitar!
I like to play my guitar on nature. It gives me a lot of emotions and inspiration

Thanks so much for checking this out!