Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OM-60  (Read 331 times)
HeavyRevy

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:44:40 PM »

New to the forum and Larrivee guitars. Have played a couple at a local shop and really like what I have seen and heard. Currently play a 2010 Huss & Dalton TD-M custom and a 1995 Collings D2H.
Considering an orchestra model, probable an OM-50 or OM-60. Would like to do more research on the factory pickup systems. Does any one know exactly what they have for systems through the years? Are there any YouTube videos explaining them and how they work? Listened to a few sound clips online and they sound heavenly! Thanks, REV
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »

Right now I believe that they are using LR Baggs products.I use the Anthem SL system and Active IBeams both after market.I have always thought it best to buy without factory electronics and add what you like best.Many here like the K+K system.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
markj

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »

welcome

I agree with Rob. Get one without factory electronics, unless they have what you like. Check out the Larrivee web site for their current electronics offerings.

HeavyRevy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »

Thank You!

I came across a pre-owned one that already had electronics. Was curious to learn more about it.
I do believe it's an LR Baggs but not the current version, maybe a step or two back? I'll see if I can post a picture.
I have a K&K mini in my Collings and an Amulet MVT in my Huss & Dalton.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:02:40 PM »

That ugly square black box in the side of a beautiful rosewood (or hog or whatever wood) guitar one of the reasons many of us prefer after-market electronics. Maybe just my personal opinion and taste, but I won't even consider an acoustic guitar with those kinds of electronics installed... and I have a couple, from years ago, and regret ever having those put into a beautiful, new, high-end guitar.

JMHO / YMMV.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
markj

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:54:27 PM »

Count me as one who does not like the "Barn door" electronics.

It's a deal killer for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: