Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me choose guitar to complement my OM – 03  (Read 2064 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2017, 11:13:14 PM »

I have an iRig Acoustic. I have tried it a couple of times on an amp and a PA.

Sounds great to my ear. I will probably use it live soon.

That's good to hear - thanks for the thumbs up review.

I'm thinking about one of these for my Martin D-18, which I don't want to put a pickup in (don't even want to drill out the end pin for a jack on that guitar!). I might also try it on my '92 Larrivee OM-05, because I'd like to finally get rid of the under saddle pup on that guitar and just have the bone saddle directly touching the ebony bridge and top for the best possible acoustic tone...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 11:30:40 PM »

I have an Irig Acoustic Stage I am going to sell... tested only, still in the box...

George
tammany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »

If you have an acoustic that you love and regularly play, my  best advice is to stick with it and double down on playing. I have found that there is an inverse relationship between the number of guitars I own and the enjoyment I derive from them.

I have owned lots of guitars and always end up mostly playing the same one to the exclusion of the others, which soon feels wasteful. Worse, I sometimes fall out of love with the guitar that was my regular and then the whole thing starts all over again. I also find myself wasting time switching from guitar to guitar instead of practicing. I had an exceptional Taylor 614 that I played for ten years as my go-to guitar. I sold it a couple of years ago as part of one of those switches and have regretted it since.

Unless you are dissatisfied with what you have or you have a specific need, I would not confuse things with a second guitar. I know this is going to sound like heresy to many on this forum but it is a point of view you should at least consider. Thoreau exhorted us to, "Simplify, simplify, simplify." If you have GAS, as we all do, add an electric. It's really a different instrument that opens up lots of creative doors.
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 07:12:14 PM »

Hi tammany,

Great post. I've tried to write something in this thread since it started, but I couldn't find a way to say this as nicely as you did.

ST

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »

Hi tammany,

Great post. I've tried to write something in this thread since it started, but I couldn't find a way to say this as nicely as you did.
+1

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
tammany

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 11:29:38 PM »

Hi tammany,

ST

Thank you. Sorry for the typos. I wrote the post on my tablet very early this morning. I appreciate it.
kwakatak
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 12:54:49 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  After playing a number of Martin's and Taylor's and some other as well I'm pretty set on the Taylor  814CE.  I love the sound from the guitar, the aesthetics and the playability. That's very important to me  But like I mentioned originally I really want to look at a Larrive as I love everything about my OM-03. So which one would be closest to the 814? LV-09?  The 10?  Something else? ( I think deep down I'm hoping someone can convince me to pull the trigger on the LV-10  50th anniversary!)  bigrin

I'd look at a Taylor 416-R or a Martin D-35 or OM-21.

Neil

2009 Martin D-16GT

2006 Larrivée OM-03R

1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish

1989 Kramer 610

1973 Takamine F-360 ("Martin Lawsuit" all-laminate D-28 clone)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: