Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me choose guitar to complement my OM – 03  (Read 683 times)
df1k1

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:42 PM »

Do it!  Get the 50th Anniversary model. I did. I am never getting rid of it. 

cop    No way! I just googled it. What a beautiful fantastic looking guitar!  I said I had a few bucks but yikes 7 g is pretty steep! But what in amazing instrument. Do you really have it? How  does it play? Talk me into it!
df1k1

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:34 PM »

This guitar with a custom mahogany top. The "custom part" of adding a Mahogany top will cost you an additional $150.00 MSRP.

http://www.larrivee.com/products/00-40

Got it thanks
df1k1

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »

Thanks for everyones feedback. In a day and a half I got  more valid comments then I could have spending three days surfing the net. In a nut shell I need to look at:

Larrivee LS. Possible cut away. Rosewood back and sides will change tone from what I have.   
Or Martin 000-18. Or Larrivee 000-40
12 fret or mahogany topped OM
Larrivee 00 or any Taylor 12 fret grand concert
50th anniversary Lv-10 (so far that is my favorite. Cannot believe the craftsmanship on that guitar. But man what a price)
00-40 legacy with mahogany top

rosborn

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 01:14:20 AM »

Thanks for everyones feedback. In a day and a half I got  more valid comments then I could have spending three days surfing the net. In a nut shell I need to look at:

Larrivee LS. Possible cut away. Rosewood back and sides will change tone from what I have.   
Or Martin 000-18. Or Larrivee 000-40
12 fret or mahogany topped OM
Larrivee 00 or any Taylor 12 fret grand concert
50th anniversary Lv-10 (so far that is my favorite. Cannot believe the craftsmanship on that guitar. But man what a price)
00-40 legacy with mahogany top

You can kill two birds with one stone by just looking at the 000-40 because it is a 12 fretter.  Sooooo comfortable to play and such a rich tone and volume with the newer bracing.  I'm pretty sure that the 40 series has blown many people away.
markj

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »

cop    No way! I just googled it. What a beautiful fantastic looking guitar!  I said I had a few bucks but yikes 7 g is pretty steep! But what in amazing instrument. Do you really have it? How  does it play? Talk me into it!

Well, you don't have to pay 7g. Here is #1 of 50 listed on Reverb for $5,623.50.

https://reverb.com/item/5211135-larrivee-lv-10-50th-anniversary-model-number-1-of-50

Yes, I really have it. #2 of 50. I am already getting ready to change the factory strings out with another set that Larrivee sent me with an order from the Accessories store.

It is such a joy to play and to hear others play. The tone is so rich and full yet completely balanced. The dynamic range and headroom are second to none, and the projection is better than any guitar I have heard.

Just DO IT!   You will love it.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »

So ... you want another guitar that just sits on the couch and says nice things about your OM-03? Oh wait ... complement!    
df1k1

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »

So ... you want another guitar that just sits on the couch and says nice things about your OM-03? Oh wait ... complement!    

pretty much!
df1k1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »

Well, you don't have to pay 7g. Here is #1 of 50 listed on Reverb for $5,623.50.

https://reverb.com/item/5211135-larrivee-lv-10-50th-anniversary-model-number-1-of-50

Yes, I really have it. #2 of 50. I am already getting ready to change the factory strings out with another set that Larrivee sent me with an order from the Accessories store.

It is such a joy to play and to hear others play. The tone is so rich and full yet completely balanced. The dynamic range and headroom are second to none, and the projection is better than any guitar I have heard.

Just DO IT!   You will love it.

Thanks for the info. I am really blown away by the looks of that guitar. Fortunately I have a very understanding wife who probably would not bust my chops too badly about it. It's definitely on the radar
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 08:05:41 PM »

Thanks for the info. I am really blown away by the looks of that guitar. Fortunately I have a very understanding wife who probably would not bust my chops too badly about it. It's definitely on the radar

You have a very understanding (or intimidated) wife!  I would no longer be married if I did that - and not because she would divorce me either! She'd just go ahead and kill me! 

NOT.

(The unofficial reverend of the Larrivee Forum) Mikeymac

1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top (FOR SALE)
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
INCOMING: '79 L-19
rosborn

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 03:55:19 AM »

You have a very understanding (or intimidated) wife!  I would no longer be married if I did that - and not because she would divorce me either! She'd just go ahead and kill me! 

NOT.

There you go.  Ya gotta sleep sometime.  I'm such a heavy sleeper that my wife of 31 years, this July 12, could easily put a pillow over my face and just quietly send me off to nappy land forever.  Fortunately, she's a benevolent dictator, far better than I deserve and indulges my few hobbies and enjoyments as long as I don't go insanely crazy - meaning as long as I keep it within since our budget.  I couldn't ask for more.
markj

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 05:09:47 AM »

It plays and sounds as good as it looks too!

As I reach to open the case and play it before I head to sleep... 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 05:20:51 PM »

It plays and sounds as good as it looks too!

As I reach to open the case and play it before I head to sleep... 

Enabler!!!

(The unofficial reverend of the Larrivee Forum) Mikeymac

1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top (FOR SALE)
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
INCOMING: '79 L-19
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: