Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New button suggestion... "Respect" (for "Respected By")  (Read 347 times)
mike in lytle

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2017, 02:03:16 AM »

So....
I was thinking maybe we can have a new button for "Respect", like we have a button for "Ignore".
This would show up as "Respected By" as opposed to "Ignored By".
This would be based around some thing like "the information given by this person has merit, and can be relied upon and given consideration".
You get the idea. Just tossing it out there.
Mike
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:00:56 AM »

A good idea.

How about eliminating ignore?

"...we only have one world, but we live in different ones."
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:14:17 AM »

Respect button is a cool  idea

We should not get rid of the ignore button as its a kinda respect button.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 09:57:33 AM »

How 'bout a "like" button for posts that you ... like? I would hope we all respect each other. Except for that nutbar from Kentucky. The ignore button has its purpose for the few you don't respect or just don't want to hear from due to earlier experience.   
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »

Sounds like folks want this forum to be more like Facebook....  one of the things I 👍 about here is, it isn't like Facebook.

Once in a while, I wish there was a "like" button, but then I realize I just don't have anything worthwhile to add.  OTOH, once in a while I wish there was a STFU button...

Ed
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »

That's the Ignore button.

Sounds like folks want this forum to be more like Facebook....  one of the things I 👍 about here is, it isn't like Facebook.

Once in a while, I wish there was a "like" button, but then I realize I just don't have anything worthwhile to add.  OTOH, once in a while I wish there was a STFU button...

Ed

One problem with the Ignore button is people make more of if it than it deserves.

If you use it, then you might be judged by others.

If other people use it on you, then it's easy to take that as a slight.

Somedays I ignore the sunshine, other days I ignore the rain, sometimes I ignore the weather altogether.  It means no more or less than I have other priorities at the time.  I don't have any inclination to insult or demean a rainbow. 

I understand and expect that what I write may not warrant some folks' attention. I'd rather they hit the ignore button than be annoyed every time they encounter something I wrote.

Long live the Ignore button.

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »

I have always used the Babylon theme, when they added the others I was resistant to change.  There is no ignore button with the Babylon theme, if you want to ignore someone you have to go to your profile and type in the screen names you want to ignore.  Easier to just bypass posts from users you don't want to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 05:01:00 AM »

While on the question of buttons: where do you lock in your preference for "style". Every time I open the forum it comes up with a style I'm not fond of and, even though I "change" it, the next time it reverts back to the previous one.

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:57 PM »

While on the question of buttons: where do you lock in your preference for "style". Every time I open the forum it comes up with a style I'm not fond of and, even though I "change" it, the next time it reverts back to the previous one.
Go to your profile, click on "look and layout preferences" at the top you will see "current theme", click change. When you get back to the previous page click change profile.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: