Lefty DV-10 deal on Reverb....

Started by fitness1, May 13, 2017, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Nice...

...but maybe you should post this in the standard forum - this isn't really an "electric" Larrivee...

:donut :donut2 :coffee :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 14, 2017, 11:14:23 PM
Nice...
...but maybe you should post this in the standard forum - this isn't really an "electric" Larrivee...
That's your biggest concern in replying to this post?  Poe-tay-toe, Poe-tah-toe, Toe-may-toe, Toe-mah-toe,  Gladys or Happy-Bum; what's the difference?   
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

didn't even realize I'd put it in the wrong place.....Also just realized it's likely an '01 SE (no bridge wing inlays and microdots on the fingerboard)
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Wow  :nice guitar: you just don't see many DV's. If your a lefty lookin for a Larrivée that is `rare` and you like high end without over-the-top bling that appears very fairly priced - I would be all over it.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on May 15, 2017, 02:25:57 AM
That's your biggest concern in replying to this post?  Poe-tay-toe, Poe-tah-toe, Toe-may-toe, Toe-mah-toe,  Gladys or Happy-Bum; what's the difference?   

I said it's a nice guitar... I'm just not a fan of dreads with cutaways (OM's either), that's all. They just look "chopped" to me. I think the L body style looks more natural with a cutaway, as do other body styles that seem more designed for it.

And I thought more people would be likely to see it if it was posted here, since this forum gets the most traffic around here.

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 15, 2017, 05:15:52 PM
I said it's a nice guitar... I'm just not a fan of dreads with cutaways (OM's either), that's all. They just look "chopped" to me. I think the L body style looks more natural with a cutaway, as do other body styles that seem more designed for it.

And I thought more people would be likely to see it if it was posted here, since this forum gets the most traffic around here.

I agree about the DVs and OMVs.  I've passed up some really nice guitars because I just couldn't appreciate that look.
I'm also not sure why you got jumped on for mentioning this was in the wrong forum.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: B0WIE on May 15, 2017, 11:05:17 PM

I'm also not sure why you got jumped on for mentioning this was in the wrong forum.

Hey, everyone's entitled to a bad day and a crabby post once in awhile. I've done it myself a time or three...

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee

Quote from: dlsteel on May 26, 2017, 05:34:42 PM
heres a lefty just posted on reverb https://reverb.com/item/5377792-larrivee-l-05-lefty

That's the one I ordered recently (!) - and sent back because Larrivee screwed up and didn't built it with a mahogany top. I can't comment on the tone; I only strummed it for a few seconds because I was so upset that the order was wrong. But who knows, if you want a nice custom 05 model, the rest of the specs are pretty cool, I think (  :wink: ). It was supposed to be all hog and ebony (except maybe the braces and linings), instead, of course, it has the standard 05 spruce top.