Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Cargo. It's The One  (Read 757 times)
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2017, 09:36:21 PM »

I played my a CA Cargo for the first time at a Larrivee event in March 2009  (thanks to Photomat). I got my own in January 2016. (Seven Years Later - Finally, a CA Cargo)  

From that thread last year. Here are a couple of comparison shots showing the Cargo and my Larrivée C38 Classical (same size as an LS). The case below is a near-perfect fit for the Classical guitar so I put the Cargo in the same case so you could see the difference in size.

It's been the perfect travelling companion on planes and in the car. I've played it in plenty of occasions where I wouldn't have bothered or cared to bring a full sized wood guitar. The Cargo is my go-to acoustic. The few others that remain, get almost no play time.  

Haven't had much to say here. The discussions about tonewoods, cites, finishes, 50th anniversaries, inlays no longer resonate.

My great wish for all of you, is that you find the one: the one you'll play so much that the others are no longer relevant.

ST

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 11:11:06 PM »

Thats the modal I played at a local store.Great guitar sounds the same acoustically or plugged in.Only complaint is I'm not fond of the back body contours but then I'm fond of my front body contours.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 12:06:50 AM »

I played my a CA Cargo for the first time at a Larrivee event in March 2009  (thanks to Photomat). I got my own in January 2016. (Seven Years Later - Finally, a CA Cargo) 

From that thread last year. Here are a couple of comparison shots showing the Cargo and my Larrivée C38 Classical (same size as an LS). The case below is a near-perfect fit for the Classical guitar so I put the Cargo in the same case so you could see the difference in size.

It's been the perfect travelling companion on planes and in the car. I've played it in plenty of occasions where I wouldn't have bothered or cared to bring a full sized wood guitar. The Cargo is my go-to acoustic. The few others that remain, get almost no play time. 

Haven't had much to say here. The discussions about tonewoods, cites, finishes, 50th anniversaries, inlays no longer resonate.

My great wish for all of you, is that you find the one: the one you'll play so much that the others are no longer relevant.

ST

I played Matt's Cargo as well, in fact he offered to let me use it during the time we were in Vancouver. But I just didn't feel comfortable with it being in my possession that long.
     But it did leave a favorable impression.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:20 AM »

Also, ironically my old all mahogany 000 gets more play time than all the others. Maybe because of all the hours of labor put into it to change the bracing.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 01:24:44 AM »

Thanks for the warning ST. A cargo has been on my list for quite a while. If they are that good, I'll stay away from it.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: