Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18 year later and I finally got a hard case for the Parlor  (Read 345 times)
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:28:26 AM »

Browsing CL earlier this week and I found a guy who was advertizing a TKL hard case for a Parlor Guitar.

And of course, following the Immutable Rule of Craigslist: There is always at least 1 flake in any CL transaction.

Ended up waiting 30 minutes past the agreed upon meet time for the guy to show up, but the case looked good, flat top, 4 latches.  TKL made in Canada. Looks like my O-01 parlor finally has a decent home:

Only took 18 years.  Wish these were available back in 1999.  And yes, that's two soundhole humidifiers.  Trust me, it's Phoenix.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »

Nice - a perfect fit.

I broke down about 3 years ago and bought my daughter a Larrivee archtop case for the parlor she got for her 14th birthday (at least 10-12 years previous). Then the guitar traveled with her back to Japan where it gets played regularly by both she and her husband.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »

Maybe one of these days I will add a strap button at the heel.   

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor

Parlor Picker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 09:33:20 AM »

Maybe one of these days I will add a strap button at the heel.   

That might be sacrilege! I like the lack of buttons on my Larrivée Parlor. Personal preference of course...

I have a similar TKL case for mine and it fits like a glove. Really neat.

Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 02:29:50 PM »

Just don't let it be a guitar coffin--as all cases look like to me.  I have one guitar upstairs stored in its coffin and it never gets played!  (Eh, it needs a set-up, that's the real reason.  But I do think that when I case them, I play them less frequently.)  Congratulations on finding a perfect case. 
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »

Just don't let it be a guitar coffin--as all cases look like to me.  I have one guitar upstairs stored in its coffin and it never gets played! 

I've cracked the top on this one twice.  Once I left it out overnight, and once I didn't quite get the humidifiers refilled in time.  The hard case will help with that.

The only way to leave a guitar out here in Phoenix is if it's made out of carbon fiber.  Single digit humidity is not uncommon.

This is one of the first 200 O-01's made back in 1999.  Black neck binding, 1-11/16" nut (cramped),  no end-pin or strap button on the heel.  The Larrivee branded Levy's Gig Bag died a couple years ago.  Bought a Bolder Alpine to replace it.  Great gig bag, but hard cases hold humidity and protect a guitar much better.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor

AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 07:31:52 PM »

That might be sacrilege! I like the lack of buttons on my Larrivée Parlor. Personal preference of course...

I should have said End Block, not heel.  The early parlors didn't have the button on the end block either.

I can't play it standing up without a strap.   Tying at the headstock hippy style is fine, but one can't attach a strap if there is nothing at the end block.

Actually, I'll probably have a pickup installed.  Then I can play out with it, and I'll have a strap anchor.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: