Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best electric string ever!  (Read 564 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »

I don't usually get all soap box standing about strings, until yesterday.
 fine tuning the Godin Montreal premiere supreme (with larrivee pick ups).

factory strings, didn't sound great, intonation off, difficult to tune, and they were 0.10's.
 I usually use that gauge on the my RS4's (25.5 scale) but this guitar is a 24.75 scale.

so I had a set of something called D'addario NYXL's (0.11's) sitting in my stash, and I decided to put them on.

HOLY MOLY, I was astounded at the clarity, consistency, output, and how quickly they got IN tune and stayed in tune,
I usually have to stretch, wait, re-tune etc. Not with these strings.

I did some on line research this morning and sure enough, the brand has done a good deal of research and come up with a superior string by all accounts.

Not sure if your local stores carry them, but I'm going to order them (0.10's) for all my other electrics.
 ya, they really are that good.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:54:50 PM »

My duo partner use's Elixer's of the same guage as pictured 11-49 on his electric's.Are these coated strings?

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »

Hey Rob,
No they're not coated, I don't care for coated strings.

I did go online after the fact and read about the strings from the brands website, as well as a couple knowledgeable reviews, and it appears, by fluke, I have stumbled on a real winner.

I called my local store where both the owner and the tech are fellow professional musicians who also agreed and both use that brand and package exclusively for the same reasons I discovered last night, then read about this morning.

Like over 50?

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »

I always use D'addario XL 10's. Are these really better? They seem to be quite a lot pricier. 
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »

yes, I believe so, but you'll need to read the company hype ( 300 years of string making) and the reviews, and I would suggest you try a set, to see for yourself.

I'm only good for me, when it comes to "opinions"...

Like over 50?

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »

yes, I believe so, but you'll need to read the company hype ( 300 years of string making) and the reviews, and I would suggest you try a set, to see for yourself.

+1

Look forward to giving them a try. Tried to use their coated strings years ago, wanted to like them but just didn't. Hated them in fact!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »

Yes, you've found a winner - I've used these on various guitars, and they sound and feel great, and seem to last well, too. Definitely quality strings. 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »

I have so many sets of strings in my box, I won't need new strings for another decade but I'll check 'em out the next time I'm in GC in Appleton. If I buy one set, which guitar will they work the best on? My RS-4, my LT-1 or my Strat?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: