Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taylor's new 4-string acoustic bass  (Read 542 times)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:56:52 AM »

I get the Wood & Steel magazine because of my 414ce that I won a couple years ago.  Its always an interesting read, no matter what some opinions are of Bob Taylor.  Jean Larrivee spoke very highly of him when I met him many years ago, and that's good enough for me.

Latest issue has a short scale 4 string acoustic bass; using classical type strings.  I often will tune down the Valencia classical that is in my signature, for a different take on bass.  The built in shadow pup system has a sub-bass control and it does move some air when dialing that up.

I've also tried the Kala u-bass with the rubber type strings and it's amazingly musical to play as a bass.

Anyone had a chance to try one of these Taylor basses?

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:53:52 AM »

There two new but I have a 1996 AB1 Klien bass in shop for a crack repair.Th top is spruce and the back and sides are S.A. walnut close's tone to an upright I've played but that could have something to do with the flatwound black tape strings.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »

There two new but I have a 1996 AB1 Klien bass in shop for a crack repair.Th top is spruce and the back and sides are S.A. walnut close's tone to an upright I've played but that could have something to do with the flatwound black tape strings.

Too bad you can't post a pic of that Klein, Rob - would love to see something different like that!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:30:22 PM »

How about ai try to discribe it.2Per side headstock,ebony board with Kline inlayed in script were the body joins the finger board,small oval sound hole on the cuttaway,Jumbo body,big a** rosewood bridge.Bad I know but quid is tight and a new battery for the camera isn't importent when other bills are....soon I hope I own pix of my OM Blackwood. rolleye

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »

At last! A chick bass! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: