Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: International Womans day  (Read 1859 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »

worth the read.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/advice/a9641/things-men-dont-know-about-women-caitlin-moran/

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »

The things I don't know about women could fill a book but the things I do know are another story! 
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:34:01 PM »

Definitely worth the read, but I doubt if it will enlighten us much, we are the wrong gender to fully understand it...  I was raised with six girls, have four daughters and six granddaughters so you would think I might know something? (Nah)  Main thing is just to listen and be as understanding as you can when they need you...

George
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »

Good advice George.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:55:22 PM »

Gimme these international women any day.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/03/08/these-kurdish-assyrian-arab-women-are-taking-down-isis-in-their-capital/
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:45:37 AM »

Really? You're kidding , right?
I must be out of touch, or working my fanny off nearly every day has robbed me of a brain with good sense.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:51:18 AM »

Really? You're kidding , right?
I must be out of touch, or working my fanny off nearly every day has robbed me of a brain with good sense.

headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 03:20:04 AM »

I keep forgetting this is a global forum, with many people coming from many different places and ideologies .

I'm and old left winger hippie, single dad, of 3 brilliant children while being a professional musician, and yes, I'm what you would call a "liberated" dad/ partner.

I was present at each childs birth, I was at the school when my eldest called me to inform me of her "accident" to which I took her out to a very fine restaurant, bought her roses and celebrated her "womanhood".

And yes, in my current marriage, I will go to the store and bring home my wife's favourite ice cream as well as her feminine supplies.
 I'm a better man for it.

I will gladly remove this post when International women's day has come to an end.

Honestly, where would any of us be with out our mothers, or or wives.

respect.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 03:43:36 AM »

I keep forgetting this is a global forum, with many people coming from many different places and ideologies .

I'm and old left winger hippie, single dad, of 3 brilliant children, and yes, I'm what you would call a "liberated" dad/ partner.

I was present at each childs birth, I was at the school when my eldest called me to inform me of her "accident" to which I took her out to a very fine restaurant, bought her roses and celebrated her "womanhood".

And yes, in my current marriage, I will go to the store and bring home my wife's favourite ice cream as well as her feminine supplies.
 I'm a better man for it.

I will gladly remove this post when International women's day has come to an end.

respect.

Some day some of these folks will catch up...  or die with their alternative facts.  To some, I say good riddance.

Ed
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 04:29:54 AM »

Please don't take this wrong but growing up I called  my mom as "Boss".My son will call his mom "Boss".Its done out of respect since they know better then alot of men.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »

I'm and old left winger hippie, single dad, of 3 brilliant children while being a professional musician, and yes, I'm what you would call a "liberated" dad/ partner.

I'm a better man for it.

respect.

And we love you for it, Kevin.

I'm (getting to be) an old right-winger, have two daughters (two sons and now two sons-in-law) and one granddaughter, been married to the same woman for over 34 years (not all of them easy, especially for her!).

I was also present at the birth of 3 of my kids (our fourth, one of our sons, is adopted). I was with my oldest daughter on her 8th grade school trip to Washington D.C. when she had the "accident" you referenced above - she called her mom who was clear back home in Omaha (!), who called me, and, with the help of one of our female tour guides, we got my daughter the things she needed.

Seems to me this whole international woman's day things is a demand for the respect most of us men naturally have for ANY woman who has some self-respect and confidence. There's no need for them to demand it, unless they've had some scumbag men in their lives who didn't honor them and treat them well...

We're certainly not far apart on issues like these, bro'!

+1

I hear you on that one, Tom!

P.S. Kevin - no need to remove this thread! Hopefully it won't get nasty... no need for that, I think. (Unless some women bust in here in their pink "v" hats...)

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »

And we love you for it, Kevin.

I'm (getting to be) an old right-winger, have two daughters (two sons and now two sons-in-law) and one granddaughter, been married to the same woman for over 34 years (not all of them easy, especially for her!).

I was also present at the birth of 3 of my kids (our fourth, one of our sons, is adopted). I was with my oldest daughter on her 8th grade school trip to Washington D.C. when she had the "accident" you referenced above - she called her mom who was clear back home in Omaha (!), who called me, and, with the help of one of our female tour guides, we got my daughter the things she needed.

Seems to me this whole international woman's day things is a demand for the respect most of us men naturally have for ANY woman who has some self-respect and confidence. There's no need for them to demand it, unless they've had some scumbag men in their lives who didn't honor them and treat them well...

We're certainly not far apart on issues like these, bro'!

+1

I hear you on that one, Tom!

P.S. Kevin - no need to remove this thread! Hopefully it won't get nasty... no need for that, I think. (Unless some women bust in here in their pink "v" hats...)

Well, I agree. There's an element of all men suck and treat women badly to IWD that kind of rubs me the wrong way. Personally, I have little use for all these "days". I treat women (and men, as well as children and little dogs) with respect every day. They haven't always reciprocated but you don't see me crying for a "day".  
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:17 PM »

The real power behind powerful men are powerful women.  They really are the "Boss" and they mostly very quietly just run the world...  Treat them with respect accordingly...

George
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »

Actually, if you look at wage disparity and lack of rights with their own bodies, you'll see that women do need to demand not only respect, but equal treatment.  That's as true here in the good old USA as anywhere in the world.  If you don't understand that, you're dumb as a stick.  If you don't understand that shows that MOST men do not naturally have respect for women...  self respecting and confident or not, you're not paying attention.

Ed
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »

Actually, if you look at wage disparity and lack of rights with their own bodies, you'll see that women do need to demand not only respect, but equal treatment.  That's as true here in the good old USA as anywhere in the world.  If you don't understand that, you're dumb as a stick.  If you don't understand that shows that MOST men do not naturally have respect for women...  self respecting and confident or not, you're not paying attention.

Ed

Get the facts:

There Is No Gender Wage Gap

The Myth of the Gender Wage Gap

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 08:32:26 PM »

I will, just not there.  That's not even fake news...  it's just a fiction site.  Try truth and reality...

https://iwpr.org/issue/employment-education-economic-change/pay-equity-discrimination/

http://www.payscale.com/data-packages/gender-pay-gap

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-the-gender-pay-gap-isnt-a-myth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f

Feel free to hold onto your "alternative facts".

Ed
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »

If that's not enough, try the US Gov...  Dept of Labor statistics...

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2016/womens-earnings-83-percent-of-mens-but-vary-by-occupation.htm

Ed
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »

Feel free to hold onto your "alternative facts".

Ed

Everyone, to some extent, believes in their own "alternative facts," I won't deny that. And we all believe the sources we want to, based on our ideology - I get that, too. Probably why it's best to not discuss this stuff here.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »

Everyone, to some extent, believes in their own "alternative facts," I won't deny that. And we all believe the sources we want to, based on our ideology - I get that, too. Probably why it's best to not discuss this stuff here.

An alternative fact is a lie.  I'll stick with real world verifiable facts.  It bothers me when people spread lies.

Ed
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:24 PM »

An alternative fact is a lie.  I'll stick with real world verifiable facts.  It bothers me when people spread lies.

Ed
An alternate fact is not a lie if you believe it is true.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: