Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTT: 199? C09 Florentine for similar year Victoria label OM  (Read 731 times)
canoeten

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »

Yes, I admit, I'm a pre-1998 Victoria label Larrivée snob. Gloss finish. Abalone rosette. Clear pickguard. I don't want a Martín, I love Larrivées. Don't even care if it's got a decal headstock logo, or an inlaid MOP / silver inlay headstock.

After an elbow dislocation (long story), the physical form factor of a L or C depth just doesn't work for me anymore. But boy howdy, the OM form factor does (I also have a Larrivée OM-05, circa 1993).

This is the longest of long shots, but is there an owner of a pre-1998 OM (either 05 or 09) out there that's just jonesin' for the bigger badass body of a C-09? BTW: it's got a TrueTone M3 System pickup in it. Great sound, plugged or unplugged.

I'm not posting any photos, because I'm really only interested in corresponding with those who understand all the above, and might be interested in such a swap. Frankly, I expect no replies to this post, because if you're like me and consider the Canadian Larrivées to be something very special, and the state of Larrivée's art, you're in no hurry to get rid of such an OM.

In an absolutely perfect world, you would have a pre-1998 all mahogany OM05M (if there is such a thing). But alas, this ain't no perfect world.

And yes, I am a snob of the highest order (which is why I love Larrivées). If you are too, and interested in taking the next step, please respond.

Thanks.
Td

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »

Nicely-written; I enjoyed reading your post.

I have an OM-40 (it's a Rosewood model), but pre-dates the OM-40'R' proper model. I like the 'voice' - due to the bracing used - on the '40' series.

You're likely not interested ... and I'm not sure I'm looking for a C-09 either (I also have an LV-09).

Good luck finding your ideal/dream guitar.

Cheers,

Td
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »

You mean like this?  I could be interested. 

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
canoeten

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »

That's a Vancouver label OM for sure, and looks like a mahogany top. Looks like it's in good shape too, but I'll be honest saying that I'm having second thoughts about getting rid of my C-09 baby. I've written too many songs with it, and getting rid of it just feels wrong.

Thanks for responding. Sorry to be a tease about this, but I think you'll agree, there's more emotion than intellect going on when it comes to guitars.

canoeten
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:36:11 PM »

Yes, it is a 1998 OM05-MT with Vancouver label.  It is in great shape, not a scratch, and sounds really nice.
It has the fundamental mahagony tone, but the hog top adds some mellow sweetness.
I totally understand your second thoughts about letting your C09 go.  That's a nice guitar too.
Good luck whatever you decide.

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: