LT-2

Started by nanegitarr, February 20, 2017, 01:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT-2 #5117. One humbucker with a switch via the volumeknob to singlecoil. Do you have any idea of what this guitar can be worth moneywise?

I'm not sure why it would be an LT-2. I have one pretty much the same in black and it's an LT-1. I paid $450 for it in 2003 or 4. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on February 20, 2017, 07:08:59 AM
I'm not sure why it would be an LT-2. I have one pretty much the same in black and it's an LT-1. I paid $450 for it in 2003 or 4. 
:thumb

A single HB in Bridge position would make it a LT-1 assuming also it has a bolt-on neck. And around $500 give or take a $100 is what these still go for. Two things most can't get past:
1. Hockey stick headstock
2 no Gibson or Made in USA Fender name on headstock   Causing IMO:

The best value in the Vintage Guitar market today, playability is superb along with the Craftsmanship we expect from Larrivée and the Hardware is top shelf. It doesn't have Gibson or Made in USA Fender on the headstock soooo they are a steal for anyone who wants a superbly kickass electric guitar.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Here`s my RS-1   :blush:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 20, 2017, 07:25:41 AM
:thumb

A single HB in Bridge position would make it a LT-1 assuming also it has a bolt-on neck. And around $500 give or take a $100 is what these still go for. Two things most can't get past:
1. Hockey stick headstock
2 no Gibson or Made in USA Fender name on headstock   Causing IMO:

The best value in the Vintage Guitar market today, playability is superb along with the Craftsmanship we expect from Larrivée and the Hardware is top shelf. It doesn't have Gibson or Made in USA Fender on the headstock soooo they are a steal for anyone who wants a superbly kickass electric guitar.

Yep, great little guitar for a terrific price. I actually like the head stock and think of it as more of a bird of prey than a hockey stick.   :beer

It's worth what you feel, how you play, how much you love it.
Vintage Larrivees aren't like the stock market.

They're musical instruments, meant to be played.
Here's mine, (one of many)
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: nanegitarr on February 20, 2017, 01:46:14 AM
Do you have any idea of what this guitar can be worth moneywise?

Quote from: headsup on February 22, 2017, 09:38:02 PM
It's worth what you feel, how you play, how much you love it.
Worth what you feel - hmmm interesting concept but not really applicable in a circumstance of someone looking to insure, possibly sell or bequeath

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 23, 2017, 03:10:20 PM
Worth what you feel - hmmm interesting concept but not really applicable in a circumstance of someone looking to insure, possibly sell or bequeath

OK OK you win, but honestly/ on this forum alone how many times have peoples asked about a guitars "worth" merely for resale purposes?
If it's for insurance purposes, then it would need an evaluation from a luthier who knows about such matters.
 me?
what do i know?
i'm just a player, so my opinion should be ignored......

OR, there's always, how much did you pay?
how much do you need?

again, I will revert to "how much does it mean to you? ( passion).
hard to put a "value" on that.
again,
best to ignore me,
monetary "value" on instruments we play and love is hardly an easy thing.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

As someone who rights insurance appraisal's Do a search to find out what it would cost to replace and add 20%,include the cost of the case.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Franky, love this LT design better than modern Bakersfield (which is, let's be honest, a more boring straightforward tele knock-off).
Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33

Quote from: vates on March 07, 2017, 01:30:20 AM
Franky, love this LT design better than modern Bakersfield (which is, let's be honest, a more boring straightforward tele knock-off).
Has merit BUT I have yet to play a nicer Tele (Fender or otherwise) than the Bakersfield!!