Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum V mini humbuckers  (Read 666 times)
randmag

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2017, 12:15:13 AM »

Hi guys,

Does anyone remember which design mini-humbuckers Matthew used for his forum V mini's? I was reading Matthews post about his research into mini hum buckers but I didn't find which design he decided to use.

The 5 different mini hum buckers were:
1. The original PAF mini by Seth Lover,
2. The offset pole mini (also by Seth L.),
3. Original Firebird mini,
4. Johnney Smith floating, and
5, Bill Lawrence "side winder".

Since it's been a while here are some 

RS-4 Forum V Mini's,
RS-4 Goldtop HB's,
Bakersfield burst,
L03,
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:26:15 AM »

I wanna say the Firebird but I think it was Lawrence.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:06:00 AM »

This thread was about as much detail as I recall of which he never followed up with anything further

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:31:08 AM »

I would be curious about this also, as I have a Forum V with dual mini Larrivee humbuckers. Great guitar.
I would also be curious about how many Larrivee mini humbuckers have been made and installed on guitars.
Seems to me... not many at all.
Mike
randmag

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »

Mike, I too have the 2 mini hum buckers in my Forum V. I've got #1 of 10. I just recently purchased a "Little Sister" guitar from B&G Guitars. That one cost me over twice the price as my forum V and I would say that the Forum V is every bit as good as the B&G. As a matter of fact the workmanship on my Larrivee seems a step above. They're 2 different guitars for sure. Larrivee makes the best guitars for the buck IMHO.

RS-4 Forum V Mini's,
RS-4 Goldtop HB's,
Bakersfield burst,
L03,
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 09:14:18 PM »

I just recently purchased a "Little Sister" guitar from B&G Guitars. That one cost me over twice the price as my forum V and I would say that the Forum V is every bit as good as the B&G. As a matter of fact the workmanship on my Larrivee seems a step above.
 ohmy Was yours a Chinese build twice the price of Forum V it ain't cheap

Larrivee makes the best guitars for the buck IMHO.
Yes if they would just increase the price and add the increase to marketing, many would delete the "for the buck"

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
randmag

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »

Andrew, my Little Sister is one of the "hand made in Israel" guitars. Here's a link: https://bngguitars.com

I also read the write-up that Matthew did about the mini humbuckers. I just could't find anything saying which design concept he chose based on his research. Either way, they're awesome pick-ups. Honestly, I feel lucky to have my Forum V. It and my B&G are neck and neck when it comes to overall satisfaction with build quality, playability and tone. Actually I get a wider range of tone with my Forum V.

Andrew, Uncle Rob and Mike thanks for the input!

RS-4 Forum V Mini's,
RS-4 Goldtop HB's,
Bakersfield burst,
L03,
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 10:17:31 PM »

Andrew, my Little Sister is one of the "hand made in Israel" guitars. Here's a link: https://bngguitars.com

Very nice, been holding out for Larrivée to do that style - but I think that ship has sailed

I also read the write-up that Matthew did about the mini humbuckers. I just could't find anything saying which design concept he chose based on his research. Either way, they're awesome pick-ups.
Cause he never said, they are awesome, but in typical Larrivée fashion no real promo. Great for us who got them tho.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: