Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if..  (Read 1366 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:45:19 AM »

for about 2 years now my wife and I have had to put up with a yelping dog that live's next door in a 6x6 cage 24/7.Now the dog is untrained,is about a 65 lb black Lab that the wife of the dog owner is affraid of.Now we've called animal control and have been told there is nothing wrong with this treatment.The real problem si the 3-6 hours of yelping.I have talked to the owner,I have shouted at the dog I have knocked on the door at midnight to beg him to do something and nothing..My wife goes to sleep early most nights and it make's her really mean not to get 8 hours.So I'm asking you smart people for help....me I would just let the dog run loose as it is untrained but I would end up in the doghouse with my wife........

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 06:32:26 AM »

Maybe there is some kind of "noise bylaw" that is being violated?  Could the problem be approached from that angle?

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »

Unfortunately, the things necessary to quiet  the dog would not be fair to the dog ..... whose fault it is not.  Find out when your neighbors sleep and blast noise towards them at that time.  Turnabout.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

This reminds me of a "story" I heard (okay - a blonde joke...)

So this guy and his blonde wife go to bed... and like so many nights, the neighbor's dog is out in the back yard barking away - yap, yap, yap!

No matter what they do, the neighbor's just stick the dog out there at night and let him bark.

After tossing and turning once again, the husband says, "That's it; I'm going over there!"

His blonde wife says, "You stay here, let me handle this."

She puts her robe on and leaves. Meanwhile, her husband lays in bed and listens while the dog keeps yapping away.

After a few minutes, she comes back in and crawls into bed, but the dog is still barking like crazy.

"What did you do?" he says.

She replies, "I put the dog in OUR yard - let's see how THEY like it!"

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 06:27:54 PM »

Well talked to the police about the noise and they said there is nothing I can do.Just talked to the owner and he has once again told me he's working on it with some sort of electronic device I told him 72 hours after that I'm going to start calling the landlord ever time the dog goes off,so that means he may get a call at 1am with me being very rude to him and I can be very,very,very rude.I suggested that he give the dog to someone who will care and train him,all I got was a disapproving look.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:51:22 PM »

Rob, that sounds miserable.  I couldn't take it.  Have you tried a noise machine in your bedroom at night?  Something akin to the sound a fan makes?
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »

I can't stand trying to sleep in a dog pound. Though I love dogs and animals this would be a big test for me.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »

noise machines don't work.got home from my gig at midnite and the dog yelped until 2am.one more day then the landlord gets involved.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 04:39:52 PM »

noise machines don't work.got home from my gig at midnite and the dog yelped until 2am.one more day then the landlord gets involved.

It's the right thing to do. And probably your only legal solution...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 01:07:48 AM »

Just remain calm, cool and collected and state the facts to the landlord.  Best wishes Rob.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 02:32:40 AM »

Just notice today that the 6x6 no longer has a roof!!!!How long its been gone I don't know but is was 38 degrees this morning and will be in the high 40's over nite.........poor dog.Hope my wife doesn't notice the roof is gone because she love's animals and might steal it......

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 01:26:14 AM »

Just notice today that the 6x6 no longer has a roof!!!!How long its been gone I don't know but is was 38 degrees this morning and will be in the high 40's over nite.........poor dog.Hope my wife doesn't notice the roof is gone because she love's animals and might steal it......

Call animal control, take photos first.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 04:26:36 AM »

Animal control has been out and they say the owner is not breaking any laws.But if my cats get out they go to jail and it cost about $100 to get them out.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 07:11:53 AM »

Are you the only neighbor who is influenced by the noise?  If not, maybe a petition can help push them into a corner?

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 05:23:15 PM »

The landlord say's since no law's have been broken there is nothing he can do,so it our problem.The cop's say they need to hear it when they come out,but more then likely they won't respond as its not a crime.So I have decided that when my wife and son go out of town I will run music thru my PA that is in the cave at big volumn,now I just have to find the right music.I'm classical.....

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »

The landlord say's since no law's have been broken there is nothing he can do,so it our problem.The cop's say they need to hear it when they come out,but more then likely they won't respond as its not a crime.So I have decided that when my wife and son go out of town I will run music thru my PA that is in the cave at big volumn,now I just have to find the right music.I'm classical.....

Are you asking for suggestions?

Start with Grand Funk Railroad LIVE...

Then move on to these ladies...

The Shaggs

You're welcome...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 05:07:35 PM »

Black Sabbath ..... maybe AC/DC too.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »

He had the dog fixed and at night its put in a smaller night cage{think travel cage}by his back door.So he doesn't start up until he's put back in the big cage at 7am....fun begins at 7:03.....

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »

Dear Rob,

Stick to the high road. It sounds like you have exhausted all your options within the bounds of civil conduct.  You need to stay within those bounds even when it seems fundamentally unfair.

Playing loud music will accomplish nothing unless you want to foster a relationship with the authorities.

I'd investigate ways to sound-proof your sleeping quarters.

Sincerely,

ST

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 07:59:53 PM »

Well I sorta stepped in it and left a message pleading with him to do something with the dog.Then he called me back 2 days later saying I threaten him,since I record everything my lawyer said there was nothing threatening about my message so I decided to just let him know that I didn't like him and I was done.Thats when the small cage came inti play and the fixing.As for sound proofing our bedroom window face's our back yard anf the bigger dog cage is about 20 feet behind us andwe like saving electrizity so we sleep with the window open.My next step may be a tone generater set to F# this will make everyone nuts but me because F# counter's the tinnitis I have.Plus I bought really good earplugs for my wife.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: