Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Collings video....  (Read 546 times)
fitness1
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2017, 02:42:07 PM »

some of you have probably seen this before, but it just popped up as an "ad" before a Youtube song I'd searched.
Really cool to hear the verbiage Bill and Julian are using to describe the tone they are seeking.
I know a thing or two about that search myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaWt59q0DLc

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Eastman E10D - Mahogany/Adirondack
Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:39:12 PM »

Reminds me why I want to find a Collings with a narrow nut that I think is exceptional.  On one of my trips to Austin after I retire, I will be heading out toward Dripping Springs to see what I can find...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »

Then watch a couple of the video's of Julian Lage that follow with him playing that Collings OM. There are no words, other than, I obviously don't practice enough... 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »

I've met Steve McCreary a few times. Met Bill as well, but my feeling is Steve is the one behind the talented craftsmen at Collings.
Been to Collings three times,  but since it's so close, I  think I'll go again.
Tonight is the monthly jam in Dripping Springs at Hill Country Guitars. They have a lot of Collings models and stock half a dozen Larrivees as well.  Quite a dealer and only minutes down the road from Collings. Even thier new Waterloo series are pretty nice.  But the model I like the most costs as much as the lower end Collings models.

Someday a Collings will be part of my little herd.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »

Then watch a couple of the video's of Julian Lage that follow with him playing that Collings OM. There are no words, other than, I obviously don't practice enough... 

No way my arthritis would ever let me play like that, no matter how much I practiced ;)   He certainly makes us appreciate the T model...

George
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:34:43 PM »

I hadn't seen that one, thx for sharing. I'm not as interested in the T series because the reason I like Collings is due to the piano-like tone they're talking about reducing for the T series.  Still, they sound like great guitars.

Crazy thing about Collings is how solidly built they are.  You don't get that nervous, "I need to be really careful" feeling.  You can just enjoy them.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: