LARRIVÉE & SBAIC present TOMMY EMMANUEL

Started by J M Larrivée, January 27, 2017, 03:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Folks,

As part of our 50th year celebrations happening throughout the year, we are thrilled to present, in partnership with the SBAIC (Santa Barbara Guitar Show), guitar phenom Tommy Emmanuel. He will be performing at the Marjorie Luke Theater, Santa Barbara on July 22nd 2017.

What make this concert so special? With Tommy's blessing and participation, Larrivée will be constructing an exact re-creation of his custom C-10 Larrivée that Tommy will play then present it to a lucky audience member that night during the show.

Tommy's custom C-10 Larrivée was built by Jean for Tommy in the late 1990's to specific specs. While most fans know he tours with a stable of Maton's, his go to recording guitar is his Larrivée C-10 custom. Below are a few links if you are interested in following up. Tickets for the show go on sale today.

Tommy on Larrivée C-10 custom: http://j.tinyurl.com/gmpaejd

Larrivée news: http://www.larrivee.com/news

SBAIC news & tickets: http://sbaic.com/Tommy

I definitely hope to see a few of you there. Perhaps a Forum member meet up?

john jr

Very cool - love TE. Wish I could be there!

:thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Wow, I remember seeing vids of Tommy playing that guitar. Incredible that they're giving one away!
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Good luck to everyone from the forum who goes to the show. Wish i could be there too.
1975 Larrivee L style
2006 Larrivee OM-03 MQ
1967 Ovation Josh White signature, 12 fret, shiny bowl
yamaha fg450sa
washburn mg-70
line6 variax 300
Parker pm20 quilted bubinga
epi Thunderbird IV bass

Quote from: Walkerman on January 27, 2017, 07:04:39 PM
Wishes can come true if you wish hard enough.

Well it's not out of the realm of possibility just unlikely. The things preventing me could clear up by July, however.   :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 28, 2017, 07:26:56 AM
Well it's not out of the realm of possibility just unlikely. The things preventing me could clear up by July, however.   :cheers

You control your own destiny .... clear those things up.  Maybe we can get a forum get together after all .... factory tours, a forum seconds and blems sales, Tommy E ...... we could have forum jam sessions ....... and great beach weather to boot.   

Quote from: Walkerman on January 28, 2017, 09:38:37 AM
You control your own destiny .... clear those things up.  Maybe we can get a forum get together after all .... factory tours, a forum seconds and blems sales, Tommy E ...... we could have forum jam sessions ....... and great beach weather to boot.   

This actually sounds like a fun possibility... this makes more sense than the other gathering that was being planned.  A gathering built around Tommy's concert (and guitar giveaway) would be pretty tempting - and the timing might work for me as well (earlier in the summer wouldn't).

:thumbsup
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992