Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bands or Artists Who Have "Shot Themselves in the Foot".  (Read 1524 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 11:40:53 PM »

Or when the rest of CCR insisted on recording some of their own songs? That was the end of a very good band. Have you heard Mardi Gras?   yak 

I loved ... still do ... Pendulum.... I think it was one of their best albums, though it did not do too well.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 04:31:14 PM »

I loved ... still do ... Pendulum.... I think it was one of their best albums, though it did not do too well.

Sure. All the songs were written by John Fogarty. Mardi Gras is the one where the members get four songs each. Tom is gone. Clifford's and Cook's songs are amateurish crap. 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »

Clifford's and Cook's songs are amateurish crap. 

And therefore, totally forgettable - I can't remember any of them. I'd have to replay the album and then I'd go, "Oh, yeah...what Tom said - crap."

The only song I remember off the top of my head from Mardi Gras is "Someday Never Comes." Pretty sure that was a Fogarty tune.

(The unofficial reverend of the Larrivee Forum) Mikeymac

1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top (FOR SALE)
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
INCOMING: '79 L-19
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 11:29:53 PM »

And therefore, totally forgettable - I can't remember any of them. I'd have to replay the album and then I'd go, "Oh, yeah...what Tom said - crap."

The only song I remember off the top of my head from Mardi Gras is "Someday Never Comes." Pretty sure that was a Fogarty tune.

It also has Sweet Hitchhiker and a pretty decent cover of Hello Mary Lou but the rest is worse than forgettable cos I remember it. Heck, I bought it. Fogarty hated it so much, he quit his own band and on his next album played all the instruments.   
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »

It also has Sweet Hitchhiker and a pretty decent cover of Hello Mary Lou but the rest is worse than forgettable cos I remember it. Heck, I bought it. Fogarty hated it so much, he quit his own band and on his next album played all the instruments.   
Yes, the "Blue Ridge Rangers".  A great album and well-produced IMHO.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 01:58:28 AM »

How about when the Beatles broke up to pursue their solo careers?
The whole was always greater than the sum of the parts.
I know they were feuding and yeah, there was Yoko messing things up, but IMHO only Harrison produced anything of lasting value after the split.
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 02:07:36 AM »

The brother of his own mother Ted Nugent.

Of course, he was never very good.

Ed
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 04:40:57 AM »

I know they were feuding and yeah, there was Yoko messing things up, but IMHO only Harrison produced anything of lasting value after the split.

I dunno. Lennon's Plastic Ono Band was pretty damn good rock'n'roll and I love McCartney's Ram.   
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »

Oh, look at .... band on the run, Venus and mars, plastic Ono band .... some good stuff there. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: