New Family Member

Started by Walkerman, January 25, 2017, 10:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geez I go into a trance when I look at this beautiful pc. I could look at this all day long! :+1:

Did you get the new tuners installed?

Just looking for more photos. Still counting months. I suspect I am 2 months away (hopefully less) from getting it.

Some side and back shots as well, please.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Wow, that guitar must be worth more than my car!  Absolutely gorgeous, but how many MPG does it get?  Didn't I hear that Jean's wife does those headstock inlays?   :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee

Quote from: ducktrapper on January 31, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
Steve, I want to come and live at your house for a while. What fun that would be! Your collection is incredible.   :drool:   

Well, how many times have I suggested a forum get together.  There's a few of you guys who could skip the hotel and stay here ..... pending Walkerwoman's approval.  We could set up in my garage .... acoustic to electric ..... and if we got some good single malt, I am pretty sure the man would join us ..... :beer

Quote from: pewtergod on March 31, 2017, 08:53:25 PM
Wow, that guitar must be worth more than my car!  Absolutely gorgeous, but how many MPG does it get?  Didn't I hear that Jean's wife does those headstock inlays?   :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee
Yes, Wendy is the artistic one.  I have to say, with the exception of the group of seven guitar, I think that the one they did for us ... "The Princess" ... is the most incredible Larrivee I have ever seen, let alone owned. Pictures soon.

Quote from: Walkerman on April 01, 2017, 02:58:23 PM
Well, how many times have I suggested a forum get together.  There's a few of you guys who could skip the hotel and stay here ..... pending Walkerwoman's approval.  We could set up in my garage .... acoustic to electric ..... and if we got some good single malt, I am pretty sure the man would join us ..... :beer

I was just talking to my wife about this earlier today. She asked, would we get to tour the factory?   :bgrin:  I said, of course!

I could bring a nice single malt. I would also bring #2 along for the ride.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Quote from: Walkerman on April 01, 2017, 03:04:52 PM
Yes, Wendy is the artistic one.  I have to say, with the exception of the group of seven guitar, I think that the one they did for us ... "The Princess" ... is the most incredible Larrivee I have ever seen, let alone owned. Pictures soon.

How far up that scale do you rate the 50th?    :winkin:

Which, btw, we are still waiting to hear...   Has your finger gotten any better, I hope?
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Quote from: markj on April 01, 2017, 05:15:47 PM
How far up that scale do you rate the 50th?    :winkin:

Which, btw, we are still waiting to hear...   Has your finger gotten any better, I hope?

I have severe trigger fingers on my middle fingers and pinkys on both hands.  Makes anything but very rudimentary strumming impossible.  It is extremely difficult to hold strings down.  Time will tell if this condition will improve.  Thanks for the hopes for improvement.  I am unhappy, but life gives lemons as well as chocolate bon bons.

WOW! Congratulations for the new family member! Astonishing guitar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:nice guitar:
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: Walkerman on April 04, 2017, 12:14:46 PM
I have severe trigger fingers on my middle fingers and pinkys on both hands.  Makes anything but very rudimentary strumming impossible.  It is extremely difficult to hold strings down.  Time will tell if this condition will improve.  Thanks for the hopes for improvement.  I am unhappy, but life gives lemons as well as chocolate bon bons.
I had surgery to release trigger 48 hours ago after dealing with this for a year now.
Of course, right now I can't even hold a pencil, let alone a guitar, or write my name.
Occupational therapy and cortisone injections failed to provide relief for me, but I know others did well and recovered without surgery.
Good luck.

Steve, I hope you and Mark find total relief somehow so you can enjoy your guitars to the fullest  :thumb

Quote from: Queequeg on April 13, 2017, 02:37:58 PM
I had surgery to release trigger 48 hours ago after dealing with this for a year now.
Of course, right now I can't even hold a pencil, let alone a guitar, or write my name.
Occupational therapy and cortisone injections failed to provide relief for me, but I know others did well and recovered without surgery.
Good luck.

[/quote

Hey Mark, sorry to hear about your trial. Hope you get back to playing soon]
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Thank you, Ken and Lynn.
I expect to be playing guitar again by mi-May, if not before. Tonight I can take this ginormous bandage off & replace it with a much smaller one.
Stitches will come out a week from today.
I should have done this months ago, but I always think of surgery as a last resort, and by March, well, that's what it was.

First step is anti inflammatory meds.  Next, steroid shots.  Surgery will be final option.