Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black LV-05 at GC.....  (Read 640 times)
fitness1
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2017, 01:29:25 AM »

listed as Excellent - ask lots of questions as always....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Larrivee/LV-05-Acoustic-Guitar.gc

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Eastman E10D - Mahogany/Adirondack
Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 05:10:37 AM »

If that thing doesn't have any issues, that is an incredible price for that guitar!

I'm so glad I'm not right-handed...   drool wacko bowdown

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »

If that thing doesn't have any issues, that is an incredible price for that guitar!

I'm so glad I'm not right-handed...   drool wacko bowdown

Really?  The link to the GC ad automatically converts the price to Canadian Dollars on my computer (which is a little disconcerting).  How in heck does Guitar Centre know I'm in Canada?  Regardless, it comes out as $1504.91 CAD which I don't think is such an incredible price at all.  Maybe I'm out of touch with what *.05 Larrivee's are selling for?

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

divertis

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 10:22:44 AM »

Hi Star, Don't worry about the GC knowing your location, it is simple to do that and most of the sites are doing it nowadays. It's all about learning your IP, when you browse you let know, even if seamless for you, the IP range you use and the provider. This way Internet learns where you are. And some sites do this tuning of their options based on your location. There are ways to hide it, but then you may need some applications on your PC and some tweaking of your machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »

BTW, if tracking your IP bothers you, skip Google and use DuckDuckGo for searches.  They don't track you.  Google, Bing, and most others track the things you search and use it to sell advertising. So, if you happen to see adds on websites that are suspiciously relevant to you, it's because you're being watched.

Back to the guitar, my first acoustic was a back Takamine. Though I'm a nut for interesting woods, and have paid a lot for them, but black acoustics are special in their own right. Especially when the binding and inlays are done just right.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »

Really?  The link to the GC ad automatically converts the price to Canadian Dollars on my computer (which is a little disconcerting).  How in heck does Guitar Centre know I'm in Canada?  Regardless, it comes out as $1504.91 CAD which I don't think is such an incredible price at all.  Maybe I'm out of touch with what *.05 Larrivee's are selling for?

$1,100 bucks for an L-05 is an excellent price. I see used 03's on Reverb, e-bay and other sites, and the sellers are trying to get $800-$1,000 all day long for them (which I think is way too high).

And...it depends on whether you like black guitars, but that is a costly upgrade on these. So it might not add to the value for you, but it certainly raised the price when the guitar was new.

And I'll bet you could offer them $1,000 USD and they'd take it... maybe even $950.

If I were a righty, I wouldn't sneeze at it...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 05:32:12 PM »

$1,100 bucks for an L-05 is an excellent price. I see used 03's on Reverb, e-bay and other sites, and the sellers are trying to get $800-$1,000 all day long for them (which I think is way too high).

And...it depends on whether you like black guitars, but that is a costly upgrade on these. So it might not add to the value for you, but it certainly raised the price when the guitar was new.

And I'll bet you could offer them $1,000 USD and they'd take it... maybe even $950.

If I were a righty, I wouldn't sneeze at it...
Respectfully, they're not actually getting those prices most of the time.  I see 03's going for much less and 09's go for around $900 to $1,100 all the time.  A D09 with no cracks went for $760 a couple months ago on ebay.
That said, an established retail store like GC is of course going to be able to get more and $1,100 isn't bad at all.  And, I think you're right, you could probably pick it up for a grand or less, which is absolutely fair, so long as it's in good shape.  That's the thing with black acoustics, dings really show up, so condition is important.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: