Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 1258 times)
ollaimh

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:24:28 PM »

can anyone explain to me how to attach pictures to e mails, or messages, or to load them to the forum?  need all details as the advice i have gotten so far seems to leave out steps.  when i click on pictures i get (IMG)  show, but no actual picture and no apparant link to add a picture.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:32 PM »

can anyone explain to me how to attach pictures to e mails, or messages, or to load them to the forum?  need all details as the advice i have gotten so far seems to leave out steps.  when i click on pictures i get (IMG)  show, but no actual picture and no apparant link to add a picture.

The best way is to upload your photo(s) to a site such as Photobucket and then copy the url to your post.   Otherwise you must severely reduce the file size of your picture to insert it through the "additional options" at the bottom of the page.
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »

I'll second the recommendation for Photobucket. It's super-handy for all sorts of forums, whether you're selling an item, looking for feedback, asking for repair help, etc. Not just guitars.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:05:49 AM »

Another option for this Forum:

I assume you have Windows:

From where I saved the picture I know I have to resize it to post on the Forum thus I use a program that comes with all Windows called Paint:

Right click on the Picture and highlight Open With  -  the options presented choose Paint

From the Menu Bar Choose Image

From Images dropdown click on Resize

There is a Horozontal and Vertical Boxes I put 20 in place of each 100 that is in these boxes  ( this reduces the size to 20% of the original) I then save this to another location on my computer where I can add it to the Forum

Below the text box of your post there is something called Additional Options click on it

This opens up options - click on choose file

Then go to where you stored your picture file click on it

Then click post as you would for any forum posting

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:22 AM »

Using the app Tapatalk makes this a simple step.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: