WTB: Forum V RS4 - I know it's a long shot, but doesn't hurt to ask

Started by WallHalen, December 20, 2016, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I participated in the order for the Forum III's, and I own 1 of the 14 that are all HOG.  I would love to own another Forum guitar, preferably the F5 RS4...

So, here's to hoping!

:donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee
I think George meant "Look there are only 10 of these guitars and the chance of one coming up for sale is fairly remote".
That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It just happens rarely, and if you aren't the first one to respond to the "for sale" post, oh well...
I doubt you would see one for sale outside the forum.
The fact you have expressed interest, and own another Forum guitar, shows your good faith.
I think you originally ordered two of the Forum III hog tops, did you only keep one?
Mike
Forum V #7
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Sorry, but you won't be getting mine.  #4 and the only one with P-90s.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: mike in lytle on December 20, 2016, 10:45:03 PM
:donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee
I think George meant "Look there are only 10 of these guitars and the chance of one coming up for sale is fairly remote".
That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It just happens rarely, and if you aren't the first one to respond to the "for sale" post, oh well...
I doubt you would see one for sale outside the forum.
The fact you have expressed interest, and own another Forum guitar, shows your good faith.
I think you originally ordered two of the Forum III hog tops, did you only keep one?
Mike
Forum V #7

Yes, I understand the odds that are stacked against me...

I did order and receive two of the Forum III hog tops.  The second one was for a very close friend that wasn't hip to these new-fangled computers.  I happened to mention the pre-order to him (at the time we were playing in a church band together, him playing his DV-05 (formerly owned by Davy Smith, studio bassist for Jonny Lang) and me playing my LV-03RE), and he said "Here's the money, get me one".

I still have my Forum III and a replacement LV-03RE (purchased from MemphisBlues on this forum).  My friend still has his Forum III and the DV-05.

Just looking to expand the stable a bit.  :laughin:

Thanks for the replies, all.

-Eric

Quote from: georbro3 on December 21, 2016, 03:01:06 PM
Thanks for the clarify Mike, and any RS is such a great guitar...

Yep, I'd pick up an RS-4 of any kind, if I didn't have one.   :thumb   

Quote from: ducktrapper on December 21, 2016, 03:37:04 PM
Yep, I'd pick up an RS-4 of any kind, if I didn't have one.   :thumb   

ONE? Ya gots to have more than just ONE!
When you do shows, you MUST always consider wardrobe!

the guitar is just a prop,
why- there's green ones, and black ones, blue ones too.
so many RS-4 to to the show for you!

try a gold top, with leopard skin strap,
the gals will all be following you to your motel trap.
the tea burst is wonderful in the all night cafe.
they'll buy you beers and shots until the break of day..

so I say, more than one, is the way to go.
It might spell divorce, so on with the show!!!!
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

No guitar is worth a divorce. . .

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Quote from: headsup on December 22, 2016, 11:33:19 PM

ONE? Ya gots to have more than just ONE!
When you do shows, you MUST always consider wardrobe!

the guitar is just a prop,
why- there's green ones, and black ones, blue ones too.
so many RS-4 to to the show for you!

try a gold top, with leopard skin strap,
the gals will all be following you to your motel trap.
the tea burst is wonderful in the all night cafe.
they'll buy you beers and shots until the break of day..

so I say, more than one, is the way to go.
It might spell divorce, so on with the show!!!!

Ha ha! Good one! Well, maybe someday. For now my LT-1 and American std Strat (and a few others) will have to do for backup.    :laughin:

Quote from: Strings4Him on December 23, 2016, 06:37:24 AM
No guitar is worth a divorce. . .

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

In some cases, no divorce is worth a guitar.   :cheers

I'm considering picking up another RS-4 (a lefty) after the holidays ... if it's still there and the price is negotiable. However, I agree, not worth a divorce, because that always involves lawyers and large sums of $$$.  Not to mention the collateral damage to kids, etc. ...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Certainly, I was in jest about the D-I-V-O-R-C-E...

My wife has approved of all my purchases, and she loves that I just play the darn things, a home, on stage, with friends etc.

I'm lucky that way, she also has a very good ear and can let me know if the sound of any particular one isn't as good as her personal favourites and why.

The most recent RS-4 purchase was the GOTM in Oct, a very early (Jan/04) Lollar RS-4.
She remarked how pretty the grain (flamed maple) was.....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 23, 2016, 12:04:57 PM
I'm considering picking up another RS-4 (a lefty) after the holidays ... if it's still there and the price is negotiable. However, I agree, not worth a divorce, because that always involves lawyers and large sums of $$$.  Not to mention the collateral damage to kids, etc. ...

Not always. I did my divorce myself with an on line service. I've paid more for guitars. Of course, your (soon to be) ex has to be a willing participant and you can't fight about things. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on December 23, 2016, 02:16:35 PM

Not always. I did my divorce myself with an on line service. I've paid more for guitars. Of course, your (soon to be) ex has to be a willing participant and you can't fight about things.  

My youngest (of 3 younger brothers), split up with the mother of their daughter almost 20 years ago.  They still haven't got an official divorce, so technically, they are still married.  They have tried to live together once or twice, but it never works out.  He always seems to be in financial trouble, so I suspect the main reason is how much it costs to make it official.  She seems to be OK with this arrangement and maybe it's better in terms of having and bringing up a child together?

Anyways, to bring the topic back on track, I played my Forum V for a couple of hours the other night, and I fell in love with it all over again.  Such sweet tone and response to plucking dynamics.  And, in addition, the range of tones I can invoke with the various pickup combinations and tone controls is outstanding.  I hope the OP finds one, but if not, grab any RS-4 you can find, WallHalen.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I've fairly well given up on finding the forum, but I still haven't found an rs4 that strikes my fancy.

Quote from: prsphantom on July 25, 2017, 10:21:03 PM
I've fairly well given up on finding the forum, but I still haven't found an rs4 that strikes my fancy.

Have you seen mine in the FS section?

I think this thread got somewhat hijacked????
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)