Been kinda quite hear in Dodge City

Started by unclrob, December 09, 2016, 06:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Been a long time for new post or even posting in current threads...So WTF is happening out there?Nothin really on my,just playin Gigs on my Anderson and doing some front of house.Service and repair work really slower then normal for December.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Rob you are so funny!  However, I do agree that it has been quiet, maybe it is just the holiday season?  I will post a new thread...
George

Quote from: unclrob on December 09, 2016, 06:20:11 PM
Been a long time for new post or even posting in current threads...So WTF is happening out there?
Well.....  :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :coffee
It was supposed to freeze here last nite, but it only got to 38, which I figured would happen cause we got 6 inches if rain in the last week and Mother Earth is a huge heat sink...
We had bumper drop of live oak acorns this year and I planted 46 and 17 have come up "so far"...
But the humidity in the house has dropped to 38 at 70 degrees and I am gonna put the Larrivees in the cases with humidifiers....
Since I retired against my will back in August I have been playing several hours a day, not that it does any good....
I have not yet figured out what to get my wife for her birthday, which is Dec 25..... running out of time.
But all the house Christmas lights and tree were up and lit by day after Thanksgiving....
The 2001 Silverado 4.3 liter long bed is running good, we should be able to drag it across 300k miles with no trouble....
All three dogs are doing ok, used to be four, but the pointer got sick and we had to let him go....
We have a flock of quail on our property and I get to see them peck around behind the house during the day when I am on the comp...
And the neighbors have 6 goats and it is kind of cool watching the young ones play "king of the hill" on their woodpile....
And over the back fence beyond our back acre, we see a wonderful sunset everyday, along with the cattle munching the grass on the adjoining ranchland...
Life is good.
Mike

Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Played a Christmas gig tonight with my Larrivee.  Another tomorrow.  Met a guitar player there and got to introduce him to the Larrivee brand.  Life is good.

Quote from: mike in lytle on December 09, 2016, 09:11:18 PM
Well.....  :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :coffee
It was supposed to freeze here last nite, but it only got to 38, which I figured would happen cause we got 6 inches if rain in the last week and Mother Earth is a huge heat sink...
We had bumper drop of live oak acorns this year and I planted 46 and 17 have come up "so far"...
But the humidity in the house has dropped to 38 at 70 degrees and I am gonna put the Larrivees in the cases with humidifiers....
Since I retired against my will back in August I have been playing several hours a day, not that it does any good....
I have not yet figured out what to get my wife for her birthday, which is Dec 25..... running out of time.
But all the house Christmas lights and tree were up and lit by day after Thanksgiving....
The 2001 Silverado 4.3 liter long bed is running good, we should be able to drag it across 300k miles with no trouble....
All three dogs are doing ok, used to be four, but the pointer got sick and we had to let him go....
We have a flock of quail on our property and I get to see them peck around behind the house during the day when I am on the comp...
And the neighbors have 6 goats and it is kind of cool watching the young ones play "king of the hill" on their woodpile....
And over the back fence beyond our back acre, we see a wonderful sunset everyday, along with the cattle munching the grass on the adjoining ranchland...
Life is good.
Mike

That was about a dozen threads in one post! You just wasted a number of opportunities to make noise around here, Mike!

Meanwhile, we got about 3-5" of snow yesterday/last night - I drove back here from Omaha (to southern MN) yesterday after attending a friend's mother's funeral. No blowing, so the roads stayed clear - didn't really hit any snow until Worthington, MN (right over the southern MN border).

Watching the Vikings (6-6) cream the Jaguars (2-10) right now... not watching closely, but I'm "home alone" so the TV's on while I surf the net, and do other odds and ends. (Now only 16 seconds left, and score is 25-16 - Jaguars are toast.)

While I was in Omaha Friday, I stopped at my favorite guitar shop and picked up an Ibanez 336 style and a Rogue Beatle Bass I had on consignment there (for a very long time). I've decided to keep the Ibanez, since it's a little smaller than a 335, and plays well - has a beefy neck that I like. So I'll be selling a mid-90's  lefty Epi Sheraton instead...  Played the Ibanez for worship team this morning - felt good and sounded good - although I'm seriously thinking about looking for a set of Gibson 57 Classics to drop into it if I keep it.

...gotta downsize the gear, so a couple Ovations will probably be sold, also my Larrivee D-03, and maybe even my very nice and almost new Martin D-35/50th Anniversary - I'm smitten by the D-18 I just got, so the D-35 might be a casualty... we'll see if the guitar market gets any better in the next few months now that we've had a change at the govt. helm.

Decided (for now) to keep my Larry C-10 in Silver Oak ... I'm watching to see what Larrivee does for the 50th Anniv. after Jan. 1st... I'm still bummed they messed up my custom order L-05 (all mahogany w/custom trim.) Sigh.

That's enough from me...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 11, 2016, 03:16:41 PM
That was about a dozen threads in one post! You just wasted a number of opportunities to make noise around here, Mike!

:donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee
I don't have energy enough to do more threads.
This way everyone can decide to read/not read what I post all in one place!

Yesterday we watched Army end their 14 year losing streak to Navy. The entire spectacle was great.
Mike

I think that it was Danny who kept everybody entertained by posting a lot a few years ago, and when he modulated his voice, no one picked up the slack.  Not with the same gusto anyway.

I should be wrapping presents but don't have the heart for it after work most days.  Wrap your own damn presents, this tired ol' grump says.  Oh, not really, but Christmas with older kids is just order-filling. I miss Santa.

Listening to Billy Pilgrim, a defunct duo from the nineties, anyone familiar with them?  They kind of rock it a bit, compared to the Americana type stuff I usually listen to--Kristian Bush went on to be half of the band Sugarland.  Should follow this up with some old Indigo Girls to keep the nineties thing going. 

In other news: I like my G7th capo better than my new Shubb.  I had to try the Shubb based on its popularity, but it's too wobbly as I attach it to the neck, too many moving parts.  I like the stiffiness of the G7th.  It works fine, though.

That's all I've got to add to the conversation.  Aren't you glad you took the time to read???

Yeah, worth the read.  I am missing some of the entertainment that got me started on this forum, but not the love of the guitars.  I just listened to Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart do their version of "I'll Take Care of You", definitely worth the listen....
George

Quote from: ryler on December 20, 2016, 08:11:37 PM
I should be wrapping presents but don't have the heart for it after work most days.  Wrap your own damn presents, this tired ol' grump says.  Oh, not really, but Christmas with older kids is just order-filling. I miss Santa.
I miss Santa too. It sucks not being surprised.

What would surprise me is if I offered to babysit Danny's Forum III while he is off riding his motorcycle and Danny would say okay. I haven't offered yet tho.

Anyhow, since I am newly retired and have all kinds of extra time on my hands I have dug out some old recording equipment and been figuring out how to set it all up again, having not recorded anything in 20 years or so. Danny told me awhile back I should record something for the group and I have been feeling guilty about not giving it any effort, so I recorded a finger picking thing a couple days ago, and when I listened to it I figured maybe not recording anything would be the best thing to do. But I will redouble my efforts.

We also got some stuff delivered frozen with dry ice and I got to mess around with it, you know, putting it in a bucket of water and watching it boil and gas off in clouds of white fog. Cool. My wife thought it was cool too, but the dogs were not so sure about it.

Out of 46 live oak acorns I planted, 18 have come up so far, and 12 are looking good. It has only hit freezing once so far this season down here in beautiful Lytle, Texas, which is ok cause when we hear the international space station is flying over we don't freeze to death watching it, which we did this evening at 6.05 PM. We are living in a science fiction world.
Mike

Don't give up on the recording efforts Mike.  Ultimately, it will make you listen to all of the detail and help you become a better player...  Diligence will pay off in the end.  We may never get very good like some others that participate here, but it is all about the love of music and never giving up trying...
George

I've been busy with work up until the past week or two.  The PNW is getting pretty serious winter this year.  In fact, we have snow on the ground for Christmas for the first time in maybe 8 years.  I'm a year round pro gardener, so it's kind of slow when it snows or freezes.  And I'm an introvert, so I'm not terribly chatty to begin with.

But here goes....played Christmas Eve service last night.  My duo did the prelude music...just me on violin and my friend on guitar.  If you look at my post in the picture forum from yesterday.....his C-10 on the left in standard tuning and my LSV-11e on the right in open G tuning.  We also played the whole service (with the rest of the band) so it was a long afternoon/evening, brought to you by LarrivĂ©e guitars! 

These days I'm getting a lot more time to spend with my daughters.  I don't see them as much as I'd like to during the rest of the year, thanks to running a business and working 45-50hrs per week in horticulture.  It's a very physical job, and I'm exhausted by the ends of my days, sometimes too much to even pick up a guitar! At the moment, I'm waiting for them to wake up so they can open their presents.  Time for more   :coffee
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin