Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Larrivee semi hollow debate.  (Read 1810 times)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 10:07:51 PM »

I own two high end (if there really is such a thing) Ibanez archtop guitars.  One is a 335 size thinbody with Burl Maple and the other is a solid spruce topped flame maple full sized archtop.  They both have the same neck profile, electronics, Super 58 humbucker pickups, inlays, all wood parts, etc., but they sound and play totally different.  The SJ300 has all flame maple binding everywhere and is very nice on the eyes and ears.  The transparent cherry on the AS253 is stunning to look at and plays and sounds much more like a 335.  I have never worried about feedback since I do not gig...

Nice guitars George. 
Davy Vanthuyne

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 12:57:32 AM »

Maybe someday

Re: Reddit Style: Ask me anything!

Archtops and Semi Hollow guitars are still on the agenda, but they are admittedly at the back of the line right now. The market for electric guitars softened dramatically about a year and a half ago and we’re waiting for it to return before we put “energy” into the process. We’ve actually done a lot of work towards archtops already include a carve top programs for a single cutaway, and body designs for a dual cutaway offset body. We’ve also already done some extensive pickup designs including a reproduction of old DeArmond 1100 Rhythm Chief, and some special Humbucker and P-90 designs. I can’t see it being sooner than 3+ years away at this point

Larrivée rs 2 P90 2010
Larrivee rs 4 jason lollar 2008
Fender cd100 ce lh
Fender '51 customshop tele faded nocaster blonde 2016
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 02:15:42 AM »

I've had a few of the Ibanez Artcore semi acoustics, like the Godin guitars, they are built well enough, but the pick-ups pots and tuners leave more than a little to be desired. IMO.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 03:08:13 AM »

Hmmm...  I guess I'm going to have to rely on my old 66 Guild Starfire III.  It was a whopping $165 (after taxes and setup) back in 76.  It still has the hottest pickups I have *ever* played.  I have a buddy who builds *real* high end hollow body guitars...  www.flowersguitars.com.  He refretted the Guild last year (or maybe the year before).  If I was going to spend anywhere near $5K, he'd have my money.

Ed

Front by Ed Edelenbos, on Flickr
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: