replacement tuners for 03 series

Started by DaveyO, January 07, 2017, 03:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what are good replacement tuners for my Do3 and d03r?
I saw on youtube ,gotohs ,anyother?And how much should I expect to pay?
David

Quote from: DaveyO on January 07, 2017, 03:49:29 PM
what are good replacement tuners for my Do3 and d03r?
I saw on youtube ,gotohs ,anyother?And how much should I expect to pay?
David

Gotoh would be my first choice, though Schaller makes drop in tuners that are fine.  Depending on the exact tuners you choose, anywhere between about $50 to $120.  

Ed

I just put some Gotoh 503 tuners (Grizzly had a sale -- $35) on my L-03Z.  A straight drop-in.  I like the black tuners and buttons and they tune a bit smoother than the originals.  But really, not a big deal.
L-03Z
Pono OO-40VS
Teton STS105NT (beach guitar)
2 (and counting) home-made guitars

Quote from: yellowesty on January 07, 2017, 05:06:35 PM
I just put some Gotoh 503 tuners (Grizzly had a sale -- $35) on my L-03Z.  A straight drop-in.  I like the black tuners and buttons and they tune a bit smoother than the originals.  But really, not a big deal.

Wow.   Haven't looked at Grizzly for a while.  They have some great prices on tuners.

I'd love to have some 21:1 tuners, but until the existing tuners break or have an issue, I can't justify changing them.

Ed

My D03BW came with Pings and they were easily the worst tuners I've ever encountered, especially on such a fine guitar.  I got lucky and found a set of Gotohs on eBay for around $40, but this was around 15 years ago.  They've been great, though one of them slips a little after all these years, but they were used when I bought them so I have no idea how old they are.  I would buy another set though, and probably will.