Pretty awesome deal on this guitar on amazon

Started by homesteader, November 21, 2016, 07:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is a great Forum, and I hope Homesteader stays around.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

I guess I stick around because this is the only game in town and some of the participants aren't bad at all. Others are a little tough to appreciate. As long as we can give and take I suppose all's fair.

I'm not going anywhere.  I love guitars of all makes. Not a fanboy but Larrivee is definitely up there. There are guitars I'd like to own on top of larrivees...but I always find myself coming back to the Larrivee sound.

This Simon and Patrick cost me $287 shipped. They are over $650 anywhere you look. The price is back up to that amount on amazon.   It sounds really good! Came with clear tone strings which I hate. Quality of this guitar is up there. At least with a 15 series Martin. I wouldn't put it up there with an 03 or 40 series Larrivee. I will say that I don't like how Larrivee has switched to khaya (sp?) to replace Honduras mahogany. Looks like this guitar isn't sapele but is of the khaya variety.

this guitar would make an excellent and beyond campfire guitar. Beats out any 15 series Martin I've played. Totally owns any 1 or 2 series Taylor. Kind of reminds me of a Tacoma dm-10

Welcome back homesteader and happy picking with your new Simon and Patrick guitar.  And yes, you got an awesome deal on it.   :+1:

:donut :coffee
Quote from: Mikeymac on November 29, 2016, 11:07:48 AM
You'll learn that, statistically, it's the NEWER Larrivee owners who tend to be fanboys - at least for a season. They fall in love with Larrivee's build and tone and feel, and often quickly buy a second and maybe a third one.
:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee
I am not sure how I feel about the term fanboy, or being referred to in what could be considered a pejorative manner. I have been a Larrivee enthusiast for just over two years and I have six (6) Larrivee guitars.
My collection on non-Larrivee guitars totals eleven (11).
Speaking of "statistics", what "statistics" do you cite to base your claim about NEWER Larrivee owners?
And yes, this is a comment from a newer forum member to an older forum member.
Mike

Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: gtrplayer on November 29, 2016, 10:56:18 AM
I would encourage 'homesteader' to please stay.  The larrivee forum is a great resource and everyone is welcomed.  Yes, there are a few jerks and even a fanboy or two who have their own agendas.  Most forumites know who they are and ignore them.  Indifference handles them best.  So please reconsider as this forum is worth it and welcomes new members.

I second that motion.  Homesteader don't give up on us.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 29, 2016, 08:59:02 PM
:donut :coffeeI am not sure how I feel about the term fanboy, or being referred to in what could be considered a pejorative manner. I have been a Larrivee enthusiast for just over two years and I have six (6) Larrivee guitars.
My collection on non-Larrivee guitars totals eleven (11).
Speaking of "statistics", what "statistics" do you cite to base your claim about NEWER Larrivee owners?
And yes, this is a comment from a newer forum member to an older forum member.
Mike

Mike,

I don't mean it in a pejorative way - to me it just means *some* new Larrivee owners go gaga over them for a season and that leads to a second and sometimes third quick purchase. I used to fit this definition; I owned other guitars, but considered Larrivee the be-all and end-all. These days I still love Larrivee and their unique tonal qualities and their quality and value, but - like you - I also like (and own) other brands (2 Martins, 1 Gibson, 2 Ovations (gasp!), 2 Ibanez (some of these, including 1 Larrivee will soon be for sale).

Hope this helps!  :donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 30, 2016, 11:14:50 AM
Mike,

I don't mean it in a pejorative way - to me it just means *some* new Larrivee owners go gaga over them for a season and that leads to a second and sometimes third quick purchase. I used to fit this definition; I owned other guitars, but considered Larrivee the be-all and end-all. These days I still love Larrivee and their unique tonal qualities and their quality and value, but - like you - I also like (and own) other brands (2 Martins, 1 Gibson, 2 Ovations (gasp!), 2 Ibanez (some of these, including 1 Larrivee will soon be for sale).

Hope this helps!  :donut :coffee
:donut :donut2 :coffee
Mike
I apologize for my comment. It was  bit harsh. I should not have let your post get to me personally, as I know that was not intended.
I also own 2 Fenders, a Yamaha, 2 Peaveys, a Diaon, 2 Epiphones, an Ovation accoustic bass, and two Martins. Six strings, 12 strings, as basses. Got a Washburn banjo too. Most get played, but not as much as the Larrivees.
Mike
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on November 30, 2016, 04:51:31 PM
:donut :donut2 :coffee

Mike
I apologize for my comment. It was  bit harsh. I should not have let your post get to me personally, as I know that was not intended.

No need to apologize. It's easy to be misunderstood on any 'net forum or Facebook, etc. Communication suffers from not being there in person.

:thumb :donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Actually it is far more difficult to NOT be misunderstood.  Often why I write such long dissertations...
George

Quote from: georbro3 on December 02, 2016, 05:18:36 PM
Actually it is far more difficult to NOT be misunderstood.  Often why I write such long dissertations...

Yup, me too.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar