Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty awesome deal on this guitar on amazon  (Read 3392 times)
homesteader

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »

No affiliation. All solid woodland pro Simon and Patrick for under $300. I picked one up myself as a beater.

https://www.amazon.com/Simon-Patrick-Woodland-Acoustic-Guitar/dp/B003C80S0O
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:04:44 PM »

Wrong thread.  Try other guitar makers for spam.
homesteader

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »

Not spam. Just passing along a good deal I found.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

Yes, quite a good deal.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 03:12:04 AM »

Not spam. Just passing along a good deal I found.

If you bought one, please post a review here.

I think Walkerman suggested "Spam" because - without a review - how do we know it's a decent guitar and a good deal? (Not insinuating anything about either the OP or S&P guitars...just sayin').

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »

Wrong thread.  Try other guitar makers for spam.
Since when, in this forum, is posting a link to a good deal on a guitar automatically construed as spam?  Because it got posted in the incorrect forum category?  That's ridiculous.  Many members, including myself, have posted links to guitars for sale many times without being sniped at.  Maybe we started the topic in the wrong place.  So what?

If you bought one, please post a review here.
I think Walkerman suggested "Spam" because - without a review - how do we know it's a decent guitar and a good deal? (Not insinuating anything about either the OP or S&P guitars...just sayin').
And since when has a "review" become a requirement from someone who buys a new guitar before it is considered a legitimate acquisition or a legitimate topic?  That's also ridiculous.  What the heck is a review anyways?  Does it have parameters?

No wonder some members feel uncomfortable about participating.  Is this forum a Larrivee owners club or a discussion forum?  Jeeze you guys.  

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

homesteader

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 02:32:46 PM »

Well it's no longer a great deal. I think they still represent an ok value for a North American made all solid guitar under $700...but I got it for $287 with 2 day shipping! I receive it today.  If it sounds anything like the sws seagull models, it was a very good deal!
mlejeune67

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 02:54:19 PM »

No wonder some members feel uncomfortable about participating.  Is this forum a Larrivee owners club or a discussion forum?  Jeeze you guys. 
+1

Larrivee L-03R
Martin D-16GT
Norman B-15
naboz
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 02:18:27 AM »

Y'know, Walker man, you're one of the reasons I don't participate here much anymore...enough said.
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »

Since when, in this forum, is posting a link to a good deal on a guitar automatically construed as spam?  Because it got posted in the incorrect forum category?  That's ridiculous.  Many members, including myself, have posted links to guitars for sale many times without being sniped at.  Maybe we started the topic in the wrong place.  So what?
 And since when has a "review" become a requirement from someone who buys a new guitar before it is considered a legitimate acquisition or a legitimate topic?  That's also ridiculous.  What the heck is a review anyways?  Does it have parameters?

No wonder some members feel uncomfortable about participating.  Is this forum a Larrivee owners club or a discussion forum?  Jeeze you guys.  

Another case of WoTF (wrath of the fanboy), perhaps? 
homesteader

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 09:31:51 PM »

This forum is fairly lame.  There are much better guitar forums around the net.  Sure they have old crotchety geezers like the ones found on this forum, but they are farther and fewer in between.
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »

This forum is fairly lame. 

The fairness is the result of time and experience, lame from the long journey and rough places. Thanks for noticing 

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 12:06:07 AM »

This forum is fairly lame.  There are much better guitar forums around the net.  Sure they have old crotchety geezers like the ones found on this forum, but they are farther and fewer in between.

Sorry you do not like our forum but I'm glad there are other forums you can spend time on which are not so lame.
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 04:43:57 AM »

Every once in a while it descends into a little old boys network.  Some voices are (by default) louder than others...  because they have been here so long.  They are supported by the existing power structure, right or wrong.

The thing to do is, learn how to ignore the collective idiocy, and benefit from the collective intelligence. 

I won't name names, and hopefully the old boy network won't delete my post.

Ed
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 06:00:51 AM »

Every once in a while it descends into a little old boys network.  Some voices are (by default) louder than others...  because they have been here so long.  They are supported by the existing power structure, right or wrong.

The thing to do is, learn how to ignore the collective idiocy, and benefit from the collective intelligence. 

I won't name names, and hopefully the old boy network won't delete my post.

Ed

All this talk about an old boys network  and some sort of power structure at work here is unfounded and unfair, and insulting to those of us who have been given the task of trying to keep this forum friendly and informative.  We have rules. All members  whether they are new or old expected to follow those rules.   Ed, you are free to criticize the forum or it's moderators as you see fit.  I wouldn't ever delete your post  based on your opinions if you can state them without an attitude.         
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 07:59:53 AM »

I don't agree that the admin supports or is biased in favor of certain members over others based on their tenure or how many Larrivees they have.  I think the admin uses common sense and is very fair and lenient in interpreting and enforcing the rules.

So the question is, how can you make or enforce rules against posts that are condescending, mean-spirited, sarcastic, snobbish, arrogant, and such?  You can't.  All you can do is ask that posters don't indulge in those behaviors.  That is what I am protesting against.  Clique dynamics come to mind.

I agree with Ed that there are some so-called "fan boys" (distasteful term, I know), on here that seem to get satisfaction out of "catching" some posters who are not so much "in the know" about how it is supposed to work.  Then   
they post a response that is understood by those of us who are indeed "in the know" but are confusing or alienating to the original poster.  Why do we (me included) do that?

Homesteader, I don't agree this forum is any more or less lame than any other guitar forum.  If you equate "lame" with how many "geezers" are participants, then you are revealing an unfair bias.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »

As an old geezer and a fan of Larrivee's this is the only forum I've been on were as I feel I'm the head loonie take a fewnce to the comments that we're lame.Silly,some insulting to some but a well  rounded place over all.Stick around as anothe geezer it gets better.I can say this as I have 12 ignore's and proud of it.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »

I would encourage 'homesteader' to please stay.  The larrivee forum is a great resource and everyone is welcomed.  Yes, there are a few jerks and even a fanboy or two who have their own agendas.  Most forumites know who they are and ignore them.  Indifference handles them best.  So please reconsider as this forum is worth it and welcomes new members.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »

I would encourage 'homesteader' to please stay.  

I would second this post. Stick around. You'll learn that, statistically, it's the NEWER Larrivee owners who tend to be fanboys - at least for a season. They fall in love with Larrivee's build and tone and feel, and often quickly buy a second and maybe a third one.

Some of us who have been around here the longest - and really do love our Larrivees - also own and appreciate other brands, including Martin, Gibson and (gasp!) Taylor... I only have my Larrivees listed in my signature here, but I have two amazing Martins (D-35 and D-18) and a very nice Gibson (J-45). They all have their place in the herd.

Just to clarify, my first post here was to try to interpret what I thought Walkerman was saying in his first post. I probably shouldn't have done that, since 1) I can't read his mind, because 2) I don't personally know him and 3) none of us can speak for anyone else on this forum.

But I was trying to offer at least a suggestion of what he might have meant by "spam" in his post. It makes sense to me that if you're going to say a guitar is a great deal that you have some experience already with said instrument - and a review would be evidence of such.

Thanks to the moderators here for being balanced and fair with both new and old members. It's the reason many of us stick around and participate.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
old folky

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »

I would second this post. Stick around. You'll learn that, statistically, it's the NEWER Larrivee owners who tend to be fanboys - at least for a season. They fall in love with Larrivee's build and tone and feel, and often quickly buy a second and maybe a third one.

Some of us who have been around here the longest - and really do love our Larrivees - also own and appreciate other brands, including Martin, Gibson and (gasp!) Taylor... I only have my Larrivees listed in my signature here, but I have two amazing Martins (D-35 and D-18) and a very nice Gibson (J-45). They all have their place in the herd.

Just to clarify, my first post here was to try to interpret what I thought Walkerman was saying in his first post. I probably shouldn't have done that, since 1) I can't read his mind, because 2) I don't personally know him and 3) none of us can speak for anyone else on this forum.

But I was trying to offer at least a suggestion of what he might have meant by "spam" in his post. It makes sense to me that if you're going to say a guitar is a great deal that you have some experience already with said instrument - and a review would be evidence of such.

Thanks to the moderators here for being balanced and fair with both new and old members. It's the reason many of us stick around and participate.

Ayuh, well said

'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: