Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need your help fellow flatpickers  (Read 864 times)
Rdodger300

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:17:29 AM »

Hey guys, I have been trying my hands at flatpicking some bluegrass tunes lately and to start I was just working on my rhythm and fill ins. Now I feel I'm ready to learn some fiddle tunes and such. Any songs you guys feel would be appropriate for a newb bluegrass picker? I have learned  wildwood flower and whisky before breakfast already. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

2014 Larrivee D-02
2013 Takamine EG523SC
1978 El Degas MT 7
2007 Gibson les Paul Custom
2010 LTD EC 1000 deluxe
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 04:35:18 AM »

Maybe get a hold of the two classic "Circle" albums.  You won't find better examples of the bluegrass guitar than that.  Just a suggestion and good luck.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »

Hey guys, I have been trying my hands at flatpicking some bluegrass tunes lately and to start I was just working on my rhythm and fill ins. Now I feel I'm ready to learn some fiddle tunes and such. Any songs you guys feel would be appropriate for a newb bluegrass picker? I have learned  wildwood flower and whisky before breakfast already. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Not exactly bluegrass, but Neil Young's "Tell Me Why" is a great flat picking tune.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: