Need your help fellow flatpickers

Started by Rdodger300, November 20, 2016, 08:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey guys, I have been trying my hands at flatpicking some bluegrass tunes lately and to start I was just working on my rhythm and fill ins. Now I feel I'm ready to learn some fiddle tunes and such. Any songs you guys feel would be appropriate for a newb bluegrass picker? I have learned  wildwood flower and whisky before breakfast already. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.
2014 Larrivee D-02
2013 Takamine EG523SC
1978 El Degas MT 7
2007 Gibson les Paul Custom
2010 LTD EC 1000 deluxe

Maybe get a hold of the two classic "Circle" albums.  You won't find better examples of the bluegrass guitar than that.  Just a suggestion and good luck.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: Rdodger300 on November 20, 2016, 08:17:29 PM
Hey guys, I have been trying my hands at flatpicking some bluegrass tunes lately and to start I was just working on my rhythm and fill ins. Now I feel I'm ready to learn some fiddle tunes and such. Any songs you guys feel would be appropriate for a newb bluegrass picker? I have learned  wildwood flower and whisky before breakfast already. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Not exactly bluegrass, but Neil Young's "Tell Me Why" is a great flat picking tune.