Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Earle "Goodbye"  (Read 801 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:00:39 AM »

I heard this song played at a gathering Saturday.  This version is recent. I think he first did it over twenty years ago. I like his voice better now.

https://youtu.be/19HwjwuuAYU

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »

+1

Larrivee LV-03RE
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Gibson Nouveau NV-12
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »

Copperhead Road is stil l one of my favorite albums.  The Devils Right Hand is a classic.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »

I liked Steve Earle until I saw him live a couple of times. Still like his music but I can't really listen to him anymore. 
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:43 PM »

I liked Steve Earle until I saw him live a couple of times. Still like his music but I can't really listen to him anymore. 

That is true of sooooooo many artists.  Seems like artists of all stripes want to be socially relevant, but they really do not have the educational chops to be so.  They are the leading sheep, but sheep nonetheless.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 03:13:30 PM »

That is true of sooooooo many artists.  Seems like artists of all stripes want to be socially relevant, but they really do not have the educational chops to be so.  They are the leading sheep, but sheep nonetheless.

It wasn't that so much as his personality. If I couldn't overlook the politics of most musicians, I wouldn't have much of a record collection. The problem with Earle, however, is that he's a dick. 
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 04:12:39 PM »

It wasn't that so much as his personality. If I couldn't overlook the politics of most musicians, I wouldn't have much of a record collection. The problem with Earle, however, is that he's a dick. 
Made me laugh

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 05:30:40 PM »

Made me laugh

The guy's been married eight times and has spent time in prison. What can I say?    blush
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 05:37:40 PM »

One bit of trivia, in a live venue in Marfa,Tx he said this song was the first one he wrote sober.

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »

One bit of trivia, in a live venue in Marfa,Tx he said this song was the first one he wrote sober.

Well, drunk or sober, he writes good songs. I'll give him that. The two times I saw him he was apparently sober. He must be a real pleasure when he's drinking. Being obnoxious to your audience is not the best way to win them over, however.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: