Steve Earle "Goodbye"

Started by Danny, November 14, 2016, 08:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I heard this song played at a gathering Saturday.  This version is recent. I think he first did it over twenty years ago. I like his voice better now.

https://youtu.be/19HwjwuuAYU

:+1:
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Copperhead Road is stil l one of my favorite albums.  The Devils Right Hand is a classic.

I liked Steve Earle until I saw him live a couple of times. Still like his music but I can't really listen to him anymore. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 17, 2016, 08:07:21 AM
I liked Steve Earle until I saw him live a couple of times. Still like his music but I can't really listen to him anymore. 

That is true of sooooooo many artists.  Seems like artists of all stripes want to be socially relevant, but they really do not have the educational chops to be so.  They are the leading sheep, but sheep nonetheless.

Quote from: Walkerman on November 17, 2016, 08:40:43 AM
That is true of sooooooo many artists.  Seems like artists of all stripes want to be socially relevant, but they really do not have the educational chops to be so.  They are the leading sheep, but sheep nonetheless.

It wasn't that so much as his personality. If I couldn't overlook the politics of most musicians, I wouldn't have much of a record collection. The problem with Earle, however, is that he's a dick. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 17, 2016, 09:13:30 AM
It wasn't that so much as his personality. If I couldn't overlook the politics of most musicians, I wouldn't have much of a record collection. The problem with Earle, however, is that he's a dick. 
Made me laugh :laughin:

Quote from: Danny on November 17, 2016, 10:12:39 AM
Made me laugh :laughin:

The guy's been married eight times and has spent time in prison. What can I say?    :blush:

One bit of trivia, in a live venue in Marfa,Tx he said this song was the first one he wrote sober.

Quote from: Danny on November 17, 2016, 11:37:40 AM
One bit of trivia, in a live venue in Marfa,Tx he said this song was the first one he wrote sober.

Well, drunk or sober, he writes good songs. I'll give him that. The two times I saw him he was apparently sober. He must be a real pleasure when he's drinking. Being obnoxious to your audience is not the best way to win them over, however.