Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collings Forum annual gathering  (Read 1233 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2016, 08:32:42 PM »

I enjoyed being with some very good players and excellent guitars.
         Hill Country Guitars in Dripping Springs,Texas helps with the three to four day event.  My friend and I spent all day with the group Saturday.
         Playing all kinds of guitars,  eating find food and meeting some really nice folks.
         At the end of the day we gathered to play again, I  played two songs and was met with a solid applause. I played my friends new Collings 00. (But I had a Larrivee forum shirt on.)
         Hill Country has Larrivees as well and I played many models.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 08:51:08 PM »

Sounds like fun. I'd love to do a Collings or Larrivee get-together some time. I just hate traveling.  Would help host one in a heartbeat though!

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 04:17:26 AM »

I enjoyed being with some very good players and excellent guitars.
         Hill Country Guitars in Dripping Springs,Texas helps with the three to four day event.  My friend and I spent all day with the group Saturday.
         Playing all kinds of guitars,  eating find food and meeting some really nice folks.
         At the end of the day we gathered to play again, I  played two songs and was met with a solid applause. I played my friends new Collings 00. (But I had a Larrivee forum shirt on.)

Sounds like a very cool event, Danny.

Any standouts among the Larrivees?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 04:26:42 AM »

The D-40R and D-40. But I played an all walnut OM-03 more than any guitar in the shop.

It's very nice to have a well stocked Larrivee dealer in these parts. It's been a while since we had a dealer close by. Plus they have a jam there once a month as well.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:33:05 AM »

Sounds like fun. I'd love to do a Collings or Larrivee get-together some time. I just hate traveling.  Would help host one in a heartbeat though!
The guys that put on the Collings Forum Gathering, told me it's hard to get the factions within the Collings Forum together. So I guess a lot of members don't come.

So I imagine a Collings / Larrivee forum gathering would be impossible. Even our last Larrivee gathering was eight years ago.
Sometimes we players are independent and like playing solo.

B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 06:44:25 AM »

The guys that put on the Collings Forum Gathering, told me it's hard to get the factions within the Collings Forum together. So I guess a lot of members don't come.

So I imagine a Collings / Larrivee forum gathering would be impossible. Even our last Larrivee gathering was eight years ago.
Sometimes we players are independent and like playing solo.
Oh, I meant Collings OR Larrivee, not really both at the same time.  I'm a member of both forums and own both types.
I do imagine it's tough though, esp for Larrivee fans since so many are spread between two countries.  There's fewer Collings owners but it seems a lot of those guys are in the southern US and, if we're honest, many of them have some money to burn on vacations.   

D-02-12
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »

Oh, I meant Collings OR Larrivee, not really both at the same time.  I'm a member of both forums and own both types.
I do imagine it's tough though, esp for Larrivee fans since so many are spread between two countries.  There's fewer Collings owners but it seems a lot of those guys are in the southern US and, if we're honest, many of them have some money to burn on vacations.   
     I read it wrong,  sorry.  Where are you located?

B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 02:04:04 AM »

I read it wrong,  sorry.  Where are you located?
Arizona. Lots of guitar players out here but people just aren't all that social.  The only groups I've actually seen get together from forums I visit are car groups.

D-02-12
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 02:58:09 PM »

I saw a pic on Instagram where the forum folks did a tour of the factory.  Bet that was a fun time. I've been once. Ended up with a Collings mandolin out of the deal!
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »

I saw a pic on Instagram where the forum folks did a tour of the factory.  Bet that was a fun time. I've been once. Ended up with a Collings mandolin out of the deal!
I have a Collins's man do too.  Danny was even able to photograph some of the build for me.  Ironically, I met Danny in person because of a Collings and not a Larrivee.  Well, partially a Larrivee, because he came to Oxnard to pick up his guitar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: